hidden short - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hidden short
Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:19 PM
i'm having a problem with my 00' cavy, it just started 2 days ago; i got in my car to go to school in the morning and the motor just turned over slowly, well i figured the battery was just low, well at lunch when i went to leave, it had another slow rolling-over start.

and needless to say i pulled a spare battery i had, and put that in and im having the same problem. however, the car still runs with the battery disconnected, so i dont think it's the alternator, im thinking theres a draw somewhere?
just need some tips and opinions, is there a common shorting spot on these cars at all?

Re: hidden short
Friday, April 11, 2014 5:02 AM
Follow the ground cable off the battery. Check the connections it makes and make sure they're clean and solid. My bat is moved to the trunk but as I recall the stock battery ground connects to the battery, the tray, then goes to the bellhousing.

Then Id probably have the alternator and starter tested (easy to remove both and free to have tested).

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, April 12, 2014 12:20 PM
i did get the alternator tested, and the battery.

battery was junk so i a got a new one, however i did want to clean all the grounds.

i just had this problem start occuring, and it still seems as if the battery isnt charging or there is a constant draw on it.
Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:51 PM
Check the voltage of the battery when you shut off the car.. then check it again before you go to start.

Personally, it sounds like your starter.. my 05 Sunfire did the exact same thing until one day it would not start.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search