speaker box measurments - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: speaker box measurments
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:25 PM
Is there a link for that so someone can make there own size box? The really makes it idiot proof how it tells you what size to cut piece.

To OP Are you looking to be cool with 4 subs or do you want more Bass? In my old post, I said I helped a friend make a box for 2 15s, those same 2 15s went into my cobalt a few years later. After about a year, I got tired of having no trunk, I bought 1 12" Kicker L5 and a smaller box. The 15s made the mirrors shake more but the 12" kicker sounded more clean and hit way harder than the 2 cheap 15s, I think they were Rockford P1s or something. They were clearance last year models for $50/each I think.... This was many years ago when I bought them but yeah, point is, if you are looking for more Bass, Invest in a better sub. I am now older and don't need crazy bass but I have 1 10" L3 in my trunk now and it pounds hard. More than I'll ever need anyways.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale

Friday, February 07, 2014 8:45 AM
Rick wrote:Is there a link for that so someone can make there own size box? The really makes it idiot proof how it tells you what size to cut piece.

To OP Are you looking to be cool with 4 subs or do you want more Bass? In my old post, I said I helped a friend make a box for 2 15s, those same 2 15s went into my cobalt a few years later. After about a year, I got tired of having no trunk, I bought 1 12" Kicker L5 and a smaller box. The 15s made the mirrors shake more but the 12" kicker sounded more clean and hit way harder than the 2 cheap 15s, I think they were Rockford P1s or something. They were clearance last year models for $50/each I think.... This was many years ago when I bought them but yeah, point is, if you are looking for more Bass, Invest in a better sub. I am now older and don't need crazy bass but I have 1 10" L3 in my trunk now and it pounds hard. More than I'll ever need anyways.

of coarse! http://reaudio.com/box.php is the website! i used to have two 12" kenwood tornadoes (lol i know) at 440rms in a shared ported box tuned at 39hz that i designed with that website and i was metering solid 129s! i wish i had pictures of the term-lab test but i had broken my phone the day i got them metered :/ now i have a 15" power acoustik mofo-152x with a 4 cubic ft. labyrinth port box tuned at 33hz that was also designed with that website and I'm running it at ~1400rms. the box is 33"W x 21.75"D x 16"T so it takes up my entire trunk haha but I'm hoping to get it metered soon and I'm expecting high 140s low 150s with it.

Friday, February 07, 2014 8:49 AM
oops meant sold 139s. haha

Saturday, July 12, 2014 8:36 PM
Jordan wrote:10 bucks says it never gets finished

we all owe this guy 10 bucks. lol

Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:01 AM
Dante_k_late wrote:
Jordan wrote:10 bucks says it never gets finished

we all owe this guy 10 bucks. lol

Hahaha nice work bringing this up.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search