Toyota folding mirror questions - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Toyota folding mirror questions
Saturday, February 24, 2018 7:27 PM
I have finally got a hold of a set with switch and relay. I have the wires hooked up for the most part, but would like to see if anyone has pictures of the wires to the relay and wires to the switch. I want to make sure everything is correct before i short anything out.

Re: Toyota folding mirror questions
Sunday, February 25, 2018 4:03 PM
Nice get there Jared,

Are Toyota Cav folding mirrors always powered or did they also make none powered folding ones too?

If so, I would be interested in a non powered set. I am also looking for the tailights and the console coin tray for my 98 Cavalier RS sedan project car. Do you have a good New Zealand source for getting these?

As far as the electrics go, would they maybe not just connect up the same way the usual US type standard powered mirrors do?

Brian
Re: Toyota folding mirror questions
Sunday, February 25, 2018 4:52 PM
Hey Brian thanks for the reply. The mirrors only come powered, and connect entirely different from the US ones. The mirrors have a relay box (the relay is pretty hard to get) and a better control switch. The sedan and coupe mirrors are different. I get most of my parts from Japan, but I did have a source in New Zealand. What I really need is a correct wire schematic so I don't fry these things when I turn them on. I have searched all the old Toyota folding mirror posts and all of the pictures have been removed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search