best sub's - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: best sub's
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:35 PM
I just purchased a rockford p3 12 inch sub. while the quality may not be up to the specs of a competition, it sounds awesome in my cav, and cost 316 with box.
as a not, i am running a fosgate 800a2 to the sub. and a jl audio 300/4 with the boston acoustic interiors.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:19 PM
i would have to say JL is one of the best for sure, later

pic coming soon

"Live Life To The Fullest" "Customize Everything"
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:25 PM
CustomSilence wrote:i would have to say JL is one of the best for sure, later

the best for what?? they aren't the best spl sub..and they aren't the best sq sub. so what do they have the best of??

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:28 PM
JL is the best sub to drain your wallet
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:29 PM
who needs subs.. just turn the bass up and treble down and you gots yourself some wack system yo..

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:07 AM
so after 30 posts you can see that no one can decide on what is the best out there. it would be like asking everyone what is the best color? everyeons going to have an answer because there is no 100 purely best out there. your best bet is to hit up your local quality audio stores and take a listen to some of whats available.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:01 AM

i bought a JL 10w0 ( i know i went cheap, but i was more or less buying it for the name...) anyways...i hate it....it cant handle any real power and if you do feed it a little more ...it sounds like ass,

so im on the look right now for a good sub under 200 cdn.

the lightning audio strike looks good, but im gonna do a little more reaserch this time....

so mainly what im tryin to say is dont buy a sub for the name its got on it, take a listen and do you homework, and it will work out in the end
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:10 PM
I dont know what u wanna spend but I competed at a Rockford Fosgate Employee Comp, (sweeeeet systems) but I woulda been first in my class and I had the cheapest system there
2 10' RF HE's
170w Optimus (customized to be bridged at 2ohms) not sure exactly what it was putting out but it was a poop load more.
And 2 Wal-Mart boxes sealed and resealed

Subs = 100
Amp = 30
Boxes = 60
Total = 190 dollars
SPL: 135.5
Not bad, but not good

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:32 PM
sndsgood wrote:so after 30 posts you can see that no one can decide on what is the best out there. it would be like asking everyone what is the best color? everyeons going to have an answer because there is no 100 purely best out there. your best bet is to hit up your local quality audio stores and take a listen to some of whats available.

i see.....i thank every one for there input .....

Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:23 AM
iKe wrote:

i bought a JL 10w0 ( i know i went cheap, but i was more or less buying it for the name...) anyways...i hate it....it cant handle any real power and if you do feed it a little more ...it sounds like ass,

so im on the look right now for a good sub under 200 cdn.

the lightning audio strike looks good, but im gonna do a little more reaserch this time....

so mainly what im tryin to say is dont buy a sub for the name its got on it, take a listen and do you homework, and it will work out in the end

when you buy a companies lowest level entry line gear you can't expect the best quality. you bought a sub that wasnt designed to play any real power so you shouldnt hate it because it cant do what it wasnt designed to do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search