False Trunk Floor - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
False Trunk Floor
Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:50 PM
I was wondering if anybody has attempted to put a false floor in their cavalier and put 10" subwoofers behind the wheel wells? Pics would be nice. I want to do this with my 2002, but I might have a problem with the trunk hinges being in the way.

Thanks

Re: False Trunk Floor
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:37 PM
search for that. there are a lot of people who have done this.

Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:53 PM
look up steve borgs

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:24 PM
Let me tell you.. its hard.. very hard. I did this and it took about 5 days of 6+ hours of work to get it in and its not even done. I already changed my mind and am doing something else

Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:49 PM
what's so hard about it? Is it trying to get the trunk arms to clear the box?

Thanks,
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:23 AM
Well from the bottom of the spare tire hole you've got about 12 inches of clearance before you hit the trunk arms. What I did was build a box to fit inside the spare tire hole then build off of it then cover it with some vinyl.. looks good but you have NO trunk space afterwards.

Another idea would be to get some 2x4's, measure em out, make some L brackets with em then makes those into a frame. Screw down into the trunk and seal up all the corners. Then make a template of the trunk with cardboard. Transfer the template on some wood. Cut wood, you'll have to make it 3 different pieces cuz it won't fit in there with one piece. Cut a speaker hole, put wood in trunk then screw it down, and seal it up. There ya go.

It's not as easy as it sounds. You'll have to do A LOT of test fitting on the upper part of the floor. And make sure you have your brackets set up to allow you the proper mounting depth for your sub magnet. If your doing a 10, its not as big a deal, but a 15 ... if you do that, you must share your knowledge Just make sure you realize you will have no trunk left after that...

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:34 PM
I have 2 12" in my sides, answer is FIBERGLASS. still have plenty of room under trunkarms too...

was it easy? NO
but i have progres pics i can email you if you need em

which at this point i have 3 air compressors, 4 valves, 2 air-water removers, 6gal tank, 2 12" 2 1200w amps, 20ft of extra airline, jumpercables, flipdown 5.5" TV(to be re-placed by a 15 or 17" lcd, 2 fullsize batterys, 1 fared cap and still got room for a 19" spare rim and tire. oh and my cleaning suplies

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search