New to subwoofers.... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New to subwoofers....
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:19 PM
Which of these three brands do you prefer in 12s ( I will be getting two) : Sony Xplod XS-l121p5, Pioneer TS-W305c, AUDIOBAHN AW1251T. I know everyones opinion will be different but I just want to hear what you guys say about these choices. I will be using a 700 watt RMS amp too. Oh, and for a small Cavalier trunk, which kind of box would work best, Bandpass or vented. Thanks Alot.

Re: New to subwoofers....
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:25 PM
I got alpine type e's 99 dollars for 2....im doing sealed fiberglass boxes in the corners...no amp yet...good luck with it tho!!!

Help me out over on redline forums, i need it...my s/n is atf1987 if it asks
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:40 PM
no Xplodes!!!

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:58 PM
Say NO to SONY Xplods...Audio bahn hits really nice for the money...but I get a lot of people who complain they go out alot....like LN says Alpine type E's, even though you didn't list them, hold up and sound good and right now I have seen them locally for about $79 a piece
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:22 PM
I have a pioneer TS-W305c and I like the sound of it. I only have one right now. The box It's in is a sealed box that I made to spec for what the speaker called for. The box is pretty big pioneers seem to need a lot of air space. So if you get them you won't have a whole lot of trunk space left.

If You Can't Dazzle Them With Brilliance Baffle Them With Bullsh*t
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:48 PM
i have pioneers i love teh sound of them. go premire if you are going pioneer.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:00 AM
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:35 AM
Infinity Is far superior.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 2:58 PM
I was looking at these kits that are on Ebay that had: 2 12s in one of those three brands I mentioned, a 1200 Watt amp, and a bandpass box for like 280$ shipped. I am probably not going to spend more than 300$ on a system because its just not worth it to me.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 3:58 PM
I wouldnt go with sony. I dont know to much about audiobahn as far as quality but i have owned pioneer subs and i felt that they were good subs for the money. But if your not trying to exceed 300 dollars you should probably go with 10's instead of 12's.

It sounds like your not really going for loud but just for bass. You will get much better quality from a pair of 10's than a pair of 12's.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:09 PM
try to upgrade maybe to alpine type s or r's.....im glad i went wioth the r's.....2 10's hit like a mutha....hit me up on aim..im actually getting rid of my ported box witht he alpine type r's in em and the 2 amps....also alpine....they each puch 300w which is what the typre r's are rated for....

aim..typesz24

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:12 PM
if yer close to ny we can meet up......im unloading the whole thing for 500 bux....costed 1100 new...again what youd be getting are.....

2 alpine 10" type r subs in a ported enclosure and 2 alpine mrd 301 amps..and strobes and neons already monted and wired in the box..... less than 6 months old....

Not unintentionally accelerating since 2009!!!!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:45 PM
Im sorry but Im only a sophomore in highschool and don't have that kind of cash to blow on a nice system, so I will probably just go for a lower priced because I am not to serious about audio for my car, thanks anyways
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 6:38 PM
i have 1 fosgate p3 12 inch with 500 rms going to it, and it sounds great. for 316 including box, hard to beat

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:02 PM
hey, I'm trying to get rid of a R-F 12" p1 with amp, hit me up on aim (yellowdartahs) if you're interested. Look for deals, i got an Infinity 10" for $44, and an MTX amp for $80. Sounds awesome.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:02 AM
if your on a budget its better to buy 1 quality speaker versu buying 2 low budget speakers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search