Amp Question - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Amp Question
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:17 AM
I'm working on finishing up my system and I need to purchase 2 amps. I need a mono amp and a 4-channel. Through the mono I'll run a 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect and through the 4-channel it will be 6.5" Infinity Kappas and 6x9 Infinity Kappas. What would be the best amps for running those? I don't need competition amps, just something that will really pound out the sound. I've had a crappy jensen amp running my sub for the past year, but I want to replace it with the same brand as my new 4-channel. Thanks

Re: Amp Question
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:12 AM
I saw a line of infinity amps a few months ago, you might check those out since you seem to have infinites all the way around.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Monday, March 07, 2005 10:44 AM
I personally like Kicker amps. That's usually what I get. For your setup I think a KX650.4 for the highs and as far as your sub, I would go with a KX600.1, but you could go with a KX1200.1 also.

-Chris
Monday, March 07, 2005 12:22 PM
Thanks for the comments... I looked at the infinty amps and they look to be pretty decent. Does anyone know if they would provide a good thump through my sub? I was looking at the Infinity REF610A for the sub and the Infinity REF7540A for the 6.5s and 6x9s.
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:47 PM
the infinity should put out its rated power, where as your jensen wasnt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:32 PM
Awesome... I think I'll give these amps a try. It should be pretty hot having a full Infinity system.
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:39 PM
hell yeah. I'm going the same route, only a step lower. I have a ref. 10", and I'm getting ref. 6x9's and 6.5's, which at some point I will power with an infinity 4channel.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search