any way to secure the radio so it doesnt skip? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
any way to secure the radio so it doesnt skip?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:36 AM
my radio seems to skip more than normal, maybe its just cavaliers ( does anyone else have this problem) but its like bumps in the road cause it to skip, and not huge pot holes sometimes its just 3 or 4 little bumps in a row and it skips

Re: any way to secure the radio so it doesnt skip?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:51 AM
i dont think ours has ever skipped, how is it mounted, is it lose? is the back of the unit secure, and is it a quality head unit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:45 PM
well its a sony xplod, not a bad quality unit...
maybe its mounted wrong, but i had it done at circuit city becaue i didnt wanna deal with all the class 2 bs
im taking my car to the shop tommorrow ill ask them if they can check it out

any other ideas? or does anyone else have this problem?

i mean the roads arent great here, and it takes more than a little bump... but, i dunno maybe im being picky

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:51 PM
i have a sony headunit and it can skip from time to time. its not bad and better then stock but i do know that my sony doesnt have anit skip memory or what ever its called. Its not the base line deck either from sony. I know other decks from other companies do come with it and that might help alot. Depends on your roads if its necessary or not.

-----------------------------------------------------

98' Pontiac Sunfire SE

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:53 PM
yeah i guess i def should have looked into antishock protection, but i thought it was like standard on all CD players 1897+

ah well

and my stock cd player never skipped, that i can remember... (that was a year ago...)

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:17 AM
well I can tell you I experience the same thing on my 02 cavalier with my Sony Explod head unit......I don't know which model you have but mine is the mx800.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:03 AM
gah!

i have that same unit

Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:35 PM
sonys are often known to skip like that if you want really good skip protection i suggest the kenwood KDC-X789 it is a very good CD player, i have it in my car and it is awesome, motorized flip down face and face positioning and tilt. Overall an awesome unit. anyway that is my 2 cents.
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:54 AM
lol i cant just throw out 300 bucks because it skips sometimes... im looking for a solution to the problem

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:00 AM
yah i got a sony headunit to
tends to skip way too much
pisses me off like crazy
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:30 PM
what yuo could do is make a little bracket out of tin...you can find it at any junkyard and make it so that it supports the back of the cdplayer and also make it so that it is a snug fit inside of there i did that once to a friends car it only took like 20 min...i will try to get some pics soon to post of it...

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:32 PM
pics of that would be ownage...

and @!#$ sony im calling them and bitching that i want a new unit

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:58 PM
which one iz tha mx800? cuz i have a Sony az well and it only skipz over huge bumpz

itz not what u drive, itz what drivez u
Friday, March 11, 2005 8:06 PM
it's the unit itself, i had same problem. had it check x3 to make sure it was mounted okay and everything.........then sold on ebay to get cash for another........never had any luck with sony car stereo's......my theory is if you can buy it at walmart, it's not worth buying.........audio that is

Friday, March 11, 2005 9:59 PM
yea id say its the unit......i have a a sony to and it tends to skip too much
Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:12 AM
wich is kind of ironic since back in the day sony was a big leader in coming up with better skip protection

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:32 PM
gah pos

Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:25 AM
mine skips to dirty(also have a sony HU), can never figure it out but then again its not actually mounted into the original car its an aftermarket tray... anyways if its worse than usual due to excessive vibration i stick popsicle stick or somekind of wedge in between the tray and the console, cuts down on vibration/skipping(i have 3 toothpics around my gauge pod cause it rattles where the console sits next to the gauge pod...) anyways might want to try setting a piece of foam(a small square on the back bottom and back top to keep it from vibrating up and down but will keep it cool and their wont be any new metal to vibrate...) *shrugs* just a little suggestion(it will have to be insuallation foam.... ummm i had some here somewhere dont know where it got off to a big sheet is cheap at homedepot, then just use one of the 3m heavy duty double sided tape squares.)
wicked
Sunday, March 13, 2005 7:46 AM
i actually might try that foam idea...

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:37 AM
wel the roads where you live cant be anwrose than they are here, and my pioneer deh4600 has only skipped once on me. and that was a monster pothole.

Monday, March 14, 2005 1:21 PM
the roads here (in florida) suck.... its not just big potholes.. its repeated vibration and then a big bump and skip

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:10 PM
^^^ what he said: sugarsand/bad soil=lots and lots of potholes, and when theirs no potholes theirs 'patches' which are worse....

wicked
Monday, March 21, 2005 9:45 PM
never had a problem with it in mine. only when i hit huge speed bumps at about 30mph (usually on accident)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/747651
http://www.JuiceBoxHeroes.com
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 6:36 AM
it got alot worse... im gonna think about buying a new unit... i want MP3 anyways

but its horrible, going over a hump not even a bump it skips

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:41 AM
if your gonna get a new one dont worry about it if your not you might want to look into possibly mounting it somewhere else and see if that doesnt change it

trial and error is a btch but it also guaruntees a fix eventually

wicked
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search