does anyone know what the stock system... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
does anyone know what the stock system...
Monday, March 07, 2005 3:11 PM
for a 2001 dodge durango is? the infinity system that is. my dads durango came with an infinity system in it, but i've never seen an amp or the likes. i know it gets pretty loud and you can fell the base pretty good for some compnents. it had 4 6 1/2 components., one in each door. 2 of his speakers are blown, so maybe i'll steal the 2 good ones and replace them with some 4 cheap speakrs. muahahha...

Re: does anyone know what the stock system...
Monday, March 07, 2005 3:45 PM
by what it has, i mean what are the speakers equivilent too? reference 6.5? kappa 6.5? perfects? less than refereance, ect? cause i could just rip them out and install them in my car and hopefully have a pair or infinity kappas for free, lol. i dont think i've seen a crossover anywhere though, hmmm..

Monday, March 07, 2005 3:50 PM
The speakers are all paper cone speakers, there is no actual amp....the head unit is just more powerful

Monday, March 07, 2005 4:07 PM
I think all cars made by crystler get infiniti systems (or at least an option). My moms 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee has 6 speaker infiniti gold series system, its got a blank amp under the back seat and the deck has an analog balance/fade knob. The systems pretty nice actually.
Monday, March 07, 2005 4:10 PM
oh. it wasnt the 6 speaker, its the 8 speaker inifinity system. either way, i guess i'm better off with my pioneer coaxials until i save up for the perfects then. worth a try. the car is damn loud for a stock system though..

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:07 AM
The speakers are one step down from reference, but they're not bad none the less.

Beat it like it owes you money
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:04 PM
one step down from referance, but one step up from pioneer 220 max, 50 rms coaxials? what would you put in giving the option? and how much can the infinity speakers handle?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search