cd player skipping with bass??? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cd player skipping with bass???
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:02 PM
ok got my amp and subs in the other day and now everytime the volume is up and bass way up my headunit keeps skipping.... any way to stop this? it gets reall anoying. i thought mabe some rubber washers on the mounting kit between the bolts or something any thoughts would be great.. thnx -chris-

system:
jvc h/u kd-lh1150
pioneer 4x6's
pioner 6x9's
ma audio 2,000 watt amp
ma audio 2 10's in sealed box.

!!!jbody Customs!!! yo hit me up if you need anything!
streetfire2006

Re: cd player skipping with bass???
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:47 PM
not to sure, but my buddies deck did the same thing, so he bought a better deck, I dont know JVC but maybe its time for a upgrade?

-kyle

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:39 PM
ya sounds like time to upgrade

"Peter Griffin: Brian, there's a message in my Alpha Bits. It says "OOOOOO".
Brian Griffin: Peter, those are Cheerios. "

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:47 AM
There isnt a whole lot you can do to fix it i dont think. I agree with them. Or keep the bass down. lol.

Read, then process the info, think logically, than if you don't have a headache afterwards, post your response
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:01 AM
make sure the deck isnt loose in its cage , and make sure it has a back strap to support the back

if those are all good then better or new deck time

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:02 AM
Is that RMS power or Rated power?

Either way, like everyone else said, you will probably need a higer end head unit. (pref: MP3 Player). No rubber washer is going to stop the sound waves. If you can feel the bass in your kidney, imagine what the head unit feels.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:35 PM
yeah well this os like a $300 head unit so i dont want to get rid of it..... it doesnt fit in my dash totally its like 1/16" longer than the hole in my dash. as far as i know its all tight i contacted jvc and they say its ow its mounted so i dont know but yeah i'll check it all out.

oh the amps rated power is 2,000 watt
i have like 600 watts goin to my subs i think lol

streetfire2006
Thursday, March 03, 2005 1:43 PM
you might just wanna add a disc changer to your audio setup then.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, March 03, 2005 2:10 PM
ok guys i just returned from doing some diagnostics on this problem and it looks like were the back pin on the headunit is suppose to go in the hole to hold the back in place is like nowheres close to it.... i also put my brothers nice JVC headunit which never skipped before in any car we have had it in with the bass way up i mean maxed and subs maxed and it still skipped and his we couldn't mount to the back mounting place either....

anyone have any ideas how i could support the back of my head unit from bouncing in the back becuase im sure thats whats makin it skip.....

thnx in advance chris-

streetfire2006
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:18 PM
Bungee cord make a good shock absorber. Just find a way to hide it really good so no one can see it!

Trying to become the most modded out N/A 2nd gen sunbird 4 cylinder on the org with a..... screw that, I'm going turbo!!!

2.Slow OHC I4
Ported cylinder head, intake and exhaust
Relocated IAT with a custom WAI with a 6x9 K&N conical filter
All this, and I still can't go fast.............yet!!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:21 PM
definetly sounds like a mounting issue if both had problems. You probably wont be able to get those two mounting holes to lineup in the back , the hole was designed to support the factory radio , not aftermarket. You can just trim that plastic away and take that metal bracket out(2 bolts and it comes out) then you will be able to slide the deck all they way in.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 10:30 PM
turn the bass down

Read, then process the info, think logically, than if you don't have a headache afterwards, post your response
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:45 AM
Is just the bass cutting out when it skips or does this happen just when playing a CD...if your Bass is cutting out sometimes your not producing enough current to push it at high levels...I know people usually say do the big 3, but a cap will solve that problem cheaply and quickly. if it's your CD player and hopefully you tried a real cd and not just a burnt one to rule that out. if you bass is kicking that hard, your going to be deaf really soon because most good decks can take a lot of punishment while playing, but if that is the case you may need to consider loading music to a memory device (i.e. Ipod or harddrive) this way you take the mechanical part right out of the system.
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:33 AM
A cap wiull not solve the problem. It will band aid the problem. if you aren't pulling enough current and you are pulling from the cap you are going to have to recharge the cap and provide power for the amp at the same time. That makes the alternator work harder which will lead to an alt failure.
Friday, March 04, 2005 10:52 AM
you cant use the stock location

you will need to use a back strap (thick plumers tape) most stereo shops have them

ive got mine mounted to the bar just behind the hvac controls

Friday, March 04, 2005 6:14 PM
ok i will look into that and yes its when im playing cd only and no not just burnt ones i bought the new T.I. cd yesturday and put it in my cd player for the first time it is skipped like a mofo. i know that if i can keep my headunit from bouncing it will be fine. you know it only skips now that i think about it when the bass is way up and all but has never skipped when hittin bumps in the road... maybe i will rip my dash all apart when i get it back from the dealer tomarrow morning and see what i can do. stupid recalls, lol

streetfire2006
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:15 PM
A cap will work, yes it may be a bandaide, but it will solve the issue(if that even is the issue) of a loss of bass at high volumes.....if you plan on playing it like that all the time then sure I would switch out the big 3...or if your using more then a farad then obviously your pulling some serious power and I would not just have a cap. if it's just for the occassional trip around town, then save your money...used properly it'll take a long time to kill your alternator.
Friday, March 04, 2005 6:18 PM
oh ya, then you got some bumpage problems
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:14 PM
You can use all the caps you want, they arent going to fix a complete loss in any sort of tone , be it bass or any other frequency range. A CAP IS NOT A BATTERY, it should not be treated like one.

I dont know what the hell you are talking about when you say "if your using more then a farad". That's not exactly a unit of current or you can "use".
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:16 AM
wtf are you guys not reading what i posted. when i play a cd in my head unit it skips no SOUND AT ALL becuase the bass hits so hard it bounces my headunit around and yes i will always ride with it cranked until i go death, lol

and ideas on how to keep the back of my head unit from bouncing???

streetfire2006
Saturday, March 05, 2005 3:14 PM
put a block of wood that can sit under your headunit. I dunno what it looks like in the dash region of a cav on the inside but it should work. then like tape it to it or put a hole in the block of wood and put ziptie thru the whole over top of the headunit and back. I dunno just an easy cheap idea

Im in the everybody club are you?

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:37 PM
ya chris I saw that and I corrected my self with the whole bumpage problem..oppss sorry bout that but I have seen that problem too....thats some hard hitting bass buddy....

as far as Raptor is concerned ...ummm wtf man...and a unit of measure for capacitance is called a farad named after by Mr. Faraday and yes it is something you can "use" and no it's not a unit of current, it is a unit of voltage. and if you don't know that, I know now why you would think a capacitor is a replacement for a battery. I wasn't addressing the loss of a frequency or tone I was addressing the power loss due to a high wattage amp sucking sudden current, in most cases being your subamp. and yes it will fix that particular problem and not it's not a replacement for a battery nor should you ever use more then one.
I was just trying to help out and you don't need to jump down my throat if you disagree. this forum is for people who have the same interest to share there ideas and help each other out..... some right some wrong but help none the less.
Anyways it really has nothing to do with his initial problem that I was too lazy to read all the way through the first time I read it. sorry chirs
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:18 PM
well thnx guys im gonna work on this problem right now but thanks for the input....

dude i got a furum warning saying that my sig has to be under 500x200 pixels and mine is 216X288 wtf???? also it says i cant put my little customs name on it "jbody customs"????? i mean its my name why cant i have it on the siggy?

to any admins please email me about this issue i dont think its totally right.......

streetfire2006
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:48 PM
I hope you bleed from your ears. If ur bass is vibrating ur headuint to the point of skiping it might be a "tad" too loud" and unessary.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search