removing tape player - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
removing tape player
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:03 PM
how do you get the tape player out im going to buy a deck do you have any tips on how to remove the factory tape player its a 97 cav

Re: removing tape player
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:14 AM
It's been posted a LOT already, so remember to search a little in the future (to avoid a million people going SEARCH!!!!).

check out Team Forward Motion's Dash Removal section.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:16 AM
And this section too (same thing, basically):

J-Body.org Dash Removal How-To

Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:28 PM
ok here it goes.... if you open the driver side door, and look where the fuse box is there is a screw there, then there is one in the same spot but on the passenger side. then you have one in the center of the dash on top where the defrost vent is holding the vent in place and when you remove that there is another one in the top corner where that vent was. After that you are still not done you have i think three gold ones running vertically when you open the glove box on the left side, and you also have two phillips on the top part of the glove box. after that you lift the top of the dash straight up and if you look along the edge of the dash there are 3 torex screws there that are easily removed...(one is sort of hiding it is just to the left of the glove box). after all that is done you should ba able to pull the front pannel out that wraps around the instrument panel and around the cassette player. after that you thank me for the detailed directions lol Just playing. well, good luck and if you need anything else i am usually on msn messenger during the day all day at work jakeifulfill@hotmail.com drop me a line and i will be glad to help you out.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search