6 1/2 in the front? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
6 1/2 in the front?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:38 PM
Ok i did a little searching and didnt find it so i am going to ask......i know that a 6 1/2" can fit in the front doors of a cav but my question is has anyone tried to mount them where the stock grill is and how did it turn out? Pics would be awesome!! thanks for your inputs.

Re: 6 1/2 in the front?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:33 PM
Yeah, i just put in some rockford fosgates 6.5s in the front doors, in the factory locations. Made the bracket out of 5/8th particle board. Turned out really well. I'd post pics but i dont have a digital camera. There is no vibrations, and rattling or anything like that.
Friday, March 11, 2005 12:28 PM
sorry lol that is not what i ment....i want to cut out the factory grill and mount them on the outside of the door so that the 6 1/2 grill in sticking out of the door...i dont know if that sounds right but heh oh well post something if you understand what i mean...thanks
Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:16 AM
I know what you mean, and not without some fabrication/customizing, your not going to be able to get 6 1/2's in there. If you notice the grill is an oval shape, and the speakers are round. You might could get them to fit but you'd have gaps in the door around the speaker, which is not good.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:19 AM
Do you mean like mounting them to the door panel? That's how mine are, wasn't hard. I cut a hole out of the panel and had to do some cutting of the metal. I'm very happy with the sound I get out of them.

-Chris
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:39 AM
Don't mean to rob this topic. But could people please post some pics of what they have done with 6 1/2s in the front. I'm also trying to figure out how i want to do it.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 3:33 PM
I just purchased today an adapter from my local audio shop for $25 that allow me to install my speakers inthe door not outside onthe door pannel. I'm installing some eclipse speakers. let me know if you guys need a post of a pic I can try to get one for you
Saturday, March 12, 2005 8:20 PM
here are two pics, they are Audiobahn 6.5" speakers using an adapter, i am getting a friend of mine to make an overlay to cover the speaker grill left behind, and the rough spots where i slipped with the dremel.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 6:20 AM
Russell Coon wrote:Don't mean to rob this topic. But could people please post some pics of what they have done with 6 1/2s in the front. I'm also trying to figure out how i want to do it.

Go look at the faq, there's a post about it in there SomeGuy wrote it, and it's very good.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:48 AM
I've seen that FAQ. I wasn't asking for pics on how ppl made adapters, i was looking for pics of the finished product with 6 1/2s ppl put in the front. So i can see if that's really what i want to do or not.
Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:57 AM
IMO it looks like ass mounted to the door panel. I'd prefer a cleaner install in the door.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:34 PM
6.5's up front.....

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:57 PM
Whooo Weee. Son that is slick on that install. Where did you get that from I would love to do that in my car!!
My interior is that charcol or Black would work I think!
Sunday, March 13, 2005 4:24 PM
Bill Rose wrote:Whooo Weee. Son that is slick on that install. Where did you get that from I would love to do that in my car!!
My interior is that charcol or Black would work I think!

they are just q-logic kickpanels...they make them in charcoal as well

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, March 14, 2005 6:35 AM
bad boy that is really ugly, why didnt u just hide the speaker behind the grill...

i have the woofer behid the grill in the door and the tweeters mounted on the side view mirror covers

sounds great and looks alot better than that hack job

no offense..

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:06 PM
real simple actually the tweeter and mid driver stick too far out for the door panel to go back on. The overlay I have will fix that though as soon as I install them. They just needed to be planed down to account for the curve in the door panel, they were too thick to conform to the door.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search