Keyless Entry Questions - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Keyless Entry Questions
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:17 PM
hey...i have a 96 four door sunfire with nothing powered. Im looking into getting power locks with a keyless entry remote for all the doors. Could someone help me out and tell me what i would all need for power locks on all 4 doors, and a keyless entry for them??

Also, would i be able to do this myself, or would i have to take it to a place to get installed??

I tried searching, but all i could find was stuff about keyless entry with alarm remotes.

Thanks.

Re: Keyless Entry Questions
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:31 PM
4 Acuators ...and if you are doing it with a standard alarm with keyless you will need 4 relays ....ummm Code Alarm has a CSI300 which has built in relays so all you would need is it and 4 acuators, the internal relay handles 4 acuators pretty good (I am sure there are others I just know that one off the top of my head) ....it's really easy to do..just find a good mounting spot for the acuators, that's be the hardest part...
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:20 PM
The keyless part is acutally easier than putting in power switches, in my opinion. I work at Circuit City (install bay) and we use Code Alarm, at least until the DEI comes back in (april, i think). The actuators are easy enough, but they haven't trained me on installing the brains yet.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Monday, March 21, 2005 9:33 PM
alright...do you know any good places to buy from online??
also, still, the only thing im finding is keyless entry built into an alarm, all i want is keyless entry, not an alarm

also, i dont really need power switches inside the car, just a remote would be good.

Thanks.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 3:01 PM
get an avital 2000...and 4 actuators
it has the door lock relays built in

Lookin' Stock - For Now!
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:53 PM
I know that we sell a basic keyless system. I'm not sure if it's dedicated keyless entry, or if it's just the basic alarm brain with no other connections

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 1:23 PM
I have a 2 door but i got the BOA remote starter put on my car and then bought the SPAL 2 door kit and it all tied in to the remote start. thats what i would reccomend. just make sure the remote starter has all the things to hook up the locks to it. Look on ebay for the spal kits, i know they make them in 4 door. and there is no lock or unlock switch. just flip the plunger and it will lock or unlock.

Friday, March 25, 2005 7:22 AM
they do sell just keyless at lots of places but to be honest I would get it with remote start or the alarm, just because, if you are going to find the wires for the keyless... for the money you might as well go ahead and hook up a few more wires and get more features and it really won't cost you that much more. as far as time it won't take you much longer either unless you have a 99 with passlock 1 like mine and have to hook up buld test and an additional relay to stop back feed on the starter...it still isn't hard just an unneeded pain
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search