Need advice on new 10's - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need advice on new 10's
Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:22 PM
hey guys i need advice i just built a nw sub box anywasy in about a month i wanna upgrade my subs cuz welt heclarions well just wont cut for this, check it out

i know i posted these on "My new sub box" but seeing as there are 30 some posts i thikn some ppl avoid it, i just want some advice on some ebtter tens and an amp to power them, as well the 2 10 inch clarion pxw and clarion 640.2 wont quite cut for the summer

Re: Need advice on new 10's
Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:25 PM
oops thats not the newer pics i cant find them anyways, heres what else has been aded, a port on the top so its tuned form 34 to 80hz

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:52 PM
how much do you want to spendand how much power do you want?i guess the sub's you have dont sound good in that box?

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:19 PM
volume of the box might also be helpful since your gonna be using that....
wicked
Thursday, March 17, 2005 11:08 PM
yeah, you should have decided which subs first and built the box to those specs, instead of purchasing subs to the box's spec

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Friday, March 18, 2005 3:28 AM
meehh i sorta built the box to the spec of the subs guess i wasnt thiking, when i i built her, i havent heard it yet as well i havent had time to get it all finished and so on, i jsut finsihed tonight, total in internal is like 7.93 cubit feet, ill get more pics of it up soon got the port and sealed and screwed her all together

Friday, March 18, 2005 8:23 AM
your gonna need a box program and paramaters for the speakers to try and find out what sub is going to work weill in that box. nobodies going to give a enclosure size like that out on there subs. your best bet is to find a pair of subs u want to use then build a box for them.

if you havnt even ran the clarions in your box, how do you know they won't be enough for you?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 18, 2005 11:33 PM
8 cubes for 2 10"s? are you serious? Jesus F***ing Christ.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Friday, March 18, 2005 11:42 PM
i am 100% serious it was 11.93 at first but the more and mroe we looked at it it was became more difficult , trying to fit in the trunk would have been enar impossible, but yah she is a massive @!#$ weighs almost 70 pnds

Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:04 AM
lol well now its in, and its insanely louder than what i had check it out

when i get back in april i will be mounting my amps somehwere different for now there on the seat

Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:16 AM
now that its in no one syas anything just to tell ya its hits way harder and no it does not work a free air space set-up as many expected

Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:28 PM
JB wrote:now that its in no one syas anything just to tell ya its hits way harder and no it does not work a free air space set-up as many expected

What do you want us to say?

How exactly do you know it's not working as a free air setup? It might be and you don't even know it.

Mike Roth
I wish I had a system
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:24 PM
Hey mike or Cavi what ever u want to go by, whats your website it doesnt work when i clicked on it in ur profile. and yea You wish you had a system, so why dont you have one? Id like to see some of the work you have done.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:10 PM
^^ Haha.. Never been to TermPro have you?

I couldn't say what he has/had/builds, but the guy definately knows stuff..

As for the topic. Aperiodic By-Chamber box's are designed on the overly large side. But you're supposed to make the box to specs of the subs, to the subs largest ported enclosure volume..You usually have to talk to the company for this, since they normally list the smallest requirements for an enclosure... I would think two 10's would be best(in regards to an ABC design) in like a 5-5.5ft^3 box.

Congrats on the box though, it looks good.. That's alot of port area though.

"If life throws you a curve, pop the clutch and drift it!"
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:40 PM
yah a lot of port area but it sounds real nice, ive had no port noise, and i can hit a lot different varietys of notes, its tuned 80 to 34 hz

Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:57 PM
Star Quester wrote:
I couldn't say what he has/had/builds, but the guy definately knows stuff.

Holy smokes, someone other then Nate or Mark that knows me. Thanks for the kind words man. Do you post on TPRO at all? Sorry if you do, I probably know you, just VERY tired now.

dennis greening wrote:
Hey mike or Cavi what ever u want to go by, whats your website it doesnt work when i clicked on it in ur profile. and yea You wish you had a system, so why dont you have one? Id like to see some of the work you have done.

Dennis, just call me Mike. I have noclue why the website doesn't work. There isn't anything on it at all anyways. Just some old pictures and other things that I use to host.

If you notice, I changed my sig. No longer wishing, actually have now. Getting ready to do 4 12" SX's with either 4 or 8 thousand watts in a CRX. Doing 2 15" MT's with 5000 a piece in my Cavi at some point. This all just depends on when I can take the time off work to do it. Getting very busy at work working 70-80 hours a week and just don't feel like doing anything when I get off. I'll make sure to buy a digital camera to take some pictures during the builds.

Mike Roth
The system has arrived.
Monday, March 21, 2005 4:53 PM
LOL.. "He knows stuff" ??? WTF? That sounds retarded.. I meant, "he knows his stuff"..
Anyways, yeah i'm on TPro alot, but I don't post that much really.. I'm TPSR? over there.. I had an account in 99, but forgot what it was.. LOL Back when the ABC box post first started, I learned alot from Dukk and Mr.Flamboyent back in the day.. So naturally, when something pops up about Cavy's, i'm ALL ears..

"If life throws you a curve, pop the clutch and drift it!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search