battery in trunk... no fog lights? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
battery in trunk... no fog lights?
Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:46 PM
I recently put my battery in my trunk for 2 reasons,
1. because
2. because

I ran everything as best as I knew and could decipher from the factory wiring. I added 2 grounds from my engine to frame. Upgraded wire size from battery to a 4 gauged. put 2 fuses in to protect everything. One by the battery for the starter/ one for the fuze box. everything works just fine, except that my fog lights now no longer come on when I put my e-brake off. They come one when I turn the lights on. Just not when i take off the e brake. the little green light just flashes at me. All I can think of is that I don't have enough power going to the fuze box and it's not kicking over the relay. I had that in my truck once. but it sounds too bull@!#$ for this. I did some research and the most relevant information I could find was talking about the "big 3" (which one link totally left out the fact that the engine is connected to the transmission, which is connected by big steel shafts {CV Shafts} to the bearings, also of steel, which are very definately connected to the rest of the damn car.), but never read of anyone having said problem. are there any ideals or things to check? Would a fuzed wire from the starter to the fuze block help? Or should I run another wire from my alternator to the starter wire which in turn would "charge" the battery better? or am I entirely off base?

Re: battery in trunk... no fog lights?
Monday, March 21, 2005 10:44 AM
Well, it's not the fog lights, it'd be the daytime running lights. As for why they aren't on, um...dunno.

Monday, March 21, 2005 1:08 PM
There is a stock gound going from the traany to the chassis on post 00+ sunfires and cavy's according to The Hays manuel.

Do both your headlights work?

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:55 PM
I think I've got the ground thing going on all right. The lights all work other then those. and those work when i turn my headlights on.
If my e brake is on, those lights are off
if my e brake is off, those lights are supposed to come on, but don't.
when i turn my headlights on, those lights come on.
so i don't friggin' know.
i call them all fog as a general term. it is easier to figure out which light someone needs when you call them fog/ low/ high.
plus, daytime running lights can also be your regular bulbs. (not in these cars i know, but in general) So daytime running lights is pretty broad. this coveyed my meaning, and well enough that someone obviously thought i was dumb enough to need correcting. Just saying. They aren't that damn important anyway.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search