Body Control Module for PW&PL - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Body Control Module for PW&PL
Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:18 PM
WHOOPS! PRESSED ENTER TOO SOON!!!
I have a 2001 Sunfire NO POWER ANYTHING except for my sunroof. I'm planning on getting a set of power windows and locks of a sunfire in the junkyard.... but I know I have to change my body control module the remote will work. I know with other cars there could be 50 of the same car in the junkyard and 49 dif. body control mods.
What bcm will I need for everything to work????

About my car:
2001 Sunfire LS
Power Sunroof
2.2L OHV
automatic 4spd trans
Regular CD player HU

Anything else that would be necessary to figure out what bcm i have???
Also, I will be putting my Clarion HU in soon (soon as I get my hu mount) and I know all my electronics cr@p runs through it.. (door buzzer, airbags and all that happy stuff) will this affect the way any of my locks and windows work???? HELP!!!!!!
Thanks guys..i reallly appreciate it!

74 in a 45?? are you sure officer?? I really didn't think my car would even go that fast!!

Re: Body Control Module for PW&PL
Friday, March 25, 2005 9:02 AM
anyone??????

74 in a 45?? are you sure officer?? I really didn't think my car would even go that fast!!
Friday, March 25, 2005 9:56 AM
only "electronic crap" running through your stock headunit is your door chimes. The other stuff was invented by installation companies to sucker people into paying for installs by "professionals".

I Dont think you will have to change bcm's for the power windows and locks to work. This could be the case but i dont think gm would have gone to great lenghts to produce a whole bunch of different control modules for 1 line up of cars. There are a few guys that have messed around with 2000+ bcms and wiring so hopefully they see this post and clarify.
Friday, March 25, 2005 12:14 PM
my dad runs a body shop and my b/f went to school for mechanics.. and they both said i'd need a new bcm.. but neither is sure of what one I need......and I do have one of the few sunfires that the airbags and a few otherthings (security and not sure what else) run through my h.u. I found out when I unplugged my hu and my airbag light came on ....they make a relay or something for certain cars and they're are ways to bypass it... but not sure of where to get the relay and no clue how to bypass it... but.. back to the bcm

I was told that the remote and panic buttons are activated through the bcm... so it must have something to do with what bcm you have....

listing the options I will have after I install the pw & pls, I'm assuming the interior options will be the same as that of a GT sunfire.

I'm just ready to scrap it and buy a new one..

Thanks though!!

Friday, March 25, 2005 12:45 PM
FOUND ONE!!!!! I called our Dealership and found out what one I would need... For future reference for those of you that are planning on doing this to the same car as mine.. here is the part #

THANKS GUYS!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search