Gauge install problem. Please help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauge install problem. Please help
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 4:34 PM
Ok, I have an '04 Cavalier, and I've read that for the A/F gauge to work, I tap it in to the purple wire on the sensor on the Cat. Looking at my sensor, I have 2 white wires, a grey and a black wire. Which one do I use for this application?

Also, I have an oil temp gauge to hook up. Does anyone know where on the block I would tap into for this, or would I just take out my oil drain plug, and put the sensor in there?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
Rob

Re: Gauge install problem. Please help
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:25 PM
For the oil temp probe you need to make an adapter T. HD has the parts you need, do a search and it will tell you what you need to do.

As for the 4 wire: after the connector should be the purple wire, look there.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:33 PM
I'll look into the adapter.

With the A/F, I don't have a purple wire in my connector. That's where my question is. I have 2 white, a grey, and a black.

Thanks!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:43 PM
on my 2.4 there are 2 o2 sensors on the exhust, one before the cat and one after. the one before the cat has the purple wire i used. it might be the same for you.

as for the oil gauge, find the stock oil sensor. it should be in relative easy reach somewhere. look for a sensor probing right into the engine. where ever it is located, you'll have to T it to hook up the gauge. DEFINITELY don't use your oil change plug, that's not a good idea.

hope that helps a bit. i'm not too Eco educated yet, so i can't be positive.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:10 PM
I'll look into the sensors. I only saw the one. I may have missed the other. Thanks for the input.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 3:59 AM
it might be on your header thats were mine was but i got a 2200

under construction
for sale :sunfire eyelids cheap!!! and racing seats!!!
Friday, April 01, 2005 2:03 PM
Ok, does anyone know where the stock oil temp sensor is? I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks.
Rob

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search