Second Skin Sound Deadener Group Buy - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Second Skin Sound Deadener Group Buy
Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:39 AM
http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91756&page=1&pp=15

This link is a group buy at the forums on caraudio.com. the owner of Second Skin just allowed it to be carried over into other forums. So here you go. I will not post updates as the updates will be on caraudio.com. Also the Coupon Code will be posted tomorrow on the car audio forum.

here is the first post in the Group Buy on caraudio.com:
Quote:

SECONDSKIN GROUP BUY... Let's drum up some interest!

Since no one wanted to take initiative, I went ahead and contacted Ant about a possible group buy and he was willing to do it for us. So if there is enough interest (and I assured him there would be), here's what Ant is thinking:

- what? all products - 20% off. Damplifier, Damplifier pro, Spectrum, Sludge, etc. Everything 20% off. This is almost at cost folks! [Unlike eDead, there is no plan to keep this 20% off indefinite.]

- when? 4/1 - 4/10 will be the preorder period so long as he can get his website adjusted for this (will be done via coupon code).

- why? b/c Ant is a nice guy... he's really cool to deal w/, very honest, and his product (from the reviews here) rocks.

- where? will be done via coupon code on his website, http://www.secondskinaudio.com

- anything else? we (the buyers) pay standard shipping cost in addition to the product cost.

Ant was totally cool about everything, very upfront, and a nice guy. Let's give him some business b/c he doesn't want to do this unless there is sufficient interest. I will post the coupon code as we approach 4/1/05. Please respond if you are thinking about ordering so we can show him that we are just as valuable customers as the people on the SS forums.

A stock
$3.40 psf for Damp at 40 sq ft [$136]
$5.55 psf for Damp pro at 36 sq ft [$200]
$47.20 for 1 gallon Spectrum.
$63.84 per gal Sludge at 5 gallon bottle [$183.20]

B stock [HOT!]
$1.70 psf for Damp at 40 sq ft [$68]
$2.77 psf for Damp pro at 36 sq ft [$100]
$23.20 for 1 gallon Spectrum. <-- he was about to raise price on this too!
$36.64 per gal Sludge at 5 gallon bottle [$183.20]

=======================

FAQ's

Q: does it apply to B stock?
A: definitely! Ant himself said that if they run out of B stock, they will replace with A stock at no extra charge.

Q: is SS worth 2x the cost over [blah]?
A: some say it is, some say it isn't. read the forums. Spectrum gets good reviews here and there was a recent review of Damp Pro being better than Dynamat.

Have Fun and Enjoy the Damping, I know I will

Re: Second Skin Sound Deadener Group Buy
Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:51 AM
w00t w00t!!!

Beat it like it owes you money
Thursday, March 31, 2005 5:55 PM
crap haha, i mite use my money on this instead of for my engine... i havent checked up on caraudio forums in a while
Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:38 AM
GP is up. Coupon code is military grade. Type that in and get the 20% discount!!!!

Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:13 AM
"military grade" ?

Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:05 AM
do yall think that 36sq feet of damp pro would be enough for the trunk and the rear deck?

Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:57 AM
I ordered a gallon of spectrum. 36 sq. ft. should be enough to do 1 layer in the trunk, lid, and probably the rear deck too. As for the coupon, when you goto check out, there's a check box to check if you have a coupon. Check that, and type in "military grade" without the quotes to get the discount.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search