Factory speaker blown? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Factory speaker blown?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:33 PM
One of the speakers in my front door is cracking and sounds like its blown. Could anyone recommend some decent speakers to replace them with? I know they are 4x6 from reading the sticky . I'm not looking to buy some pieces of crap that blow out in 2 months, but I also don't care to spend hundreds of dollars on speakers. I'm content with my factory cd player, and am just looking for some tips or advice being I don't know to much about electronics. Thanks in advance
Steve

Re: Factory speaker blown?
Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:33 AM
infinity

Thursday, March 31, 2005 10:14 AM
A couple of Questions for you first..

What kind of music do you listen to?
Do you have Subs in the car?
What is in there now?

I work at Circuit City so ill tell you what I know about our speakers

Infinity
Very nice speaker. It can handle about 45 watts RMS. The infinity speaker will produce very nice clean and clear highs. If you are looking for a speaker that will give you a little bit of low end you shouldn't go with these. These speakers are awesome with Subs in the car.

Polk Audio
DB series. These speakers are awesome. (I have them in my car). They handle 40 watts RMS. The Polk speakers will give you a little bit of a different sound. The polks are a very well rounded speaker giving you a nice full range sound, a little lows, a little mids and a little highs. I usually recommend these with subs or without. However they give you a nice full range sound they wont be as loud as the infinity speakers..

Kicker
The name says it all. Awesome speakers. Great for almost every application, with sub or without. 30 Watts RMS power handling. we didn't get them in on the floor yet so I don't know the exact sound qualities yet.

MTX
Yea that’s right I said MTX. they are sending Circuit City Their speakers now. 40 Watts RMS. once again we didn't get them in on the floor yet so I don't know the exact sound qualities yet.

Rockford Fosgate
Yea I know they are a best buy brand. They aren't bad but a lot of people are Rockford Crazy lately. go figure. I feel that all of the other brands that I listed will out perform these any day.

Alpine
A decent speaker. only 25 Watts RMS. To me they sound a little tinney. To my ears they don't sound right.

You also have to remember speakers can blow over any thing. power surge, over powered, under powered, Water, dirt, temperature changes. the best thing to not worry about them blowing is to buy the warrantees on the speakers. They are usually direct replacement.

Anything else I wouldn't buy unless it is MB Quart Quality....

That’s just my 2 cents worth....

Thursday, March 31, 2005 12:55 PM
I have a set of Rockfords in my front doors, and i have to say i love them. They were only $70 i think, got them from crutchfield. They are 6in 2ways, and they sounds great. I have beaten them since i got them, about 2 years ago. The only thing is, you would have to make a bracket for them.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 1:57 PM
Infinity .

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 3:25 PM
I listen to hard rock, metal, some rap. I have no subs, and the current speakers and radio system are all factory. I got an 02 ls sport if ya need to know that.
Thanks for your tips guys, I appreciate it.
Steve
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search