Please please help newbie - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please please help newbie
Friday, April 01, 2005 5:08 AM
Let me start by telling you guys I have a 04 cav. ls sport and my audio equipment is mainly all stock exept I had a Fusion amp along with 2 12' subs installed in the trunk. I have the stock headunit which I love and can't part with it. Anyway here is the problem which I am having. I want absultely no bass to get to the back 6x9's and the front speakers so I had installed bass blockers on those speakers. But they are still pounding out the bass. And one or two of the speakers are about to blow soon. Now I know you'll probally will tell me to turn the bass down on the head unit but that's how I control a lot of the bass that goes to the subs. Is there a difference in bass blockers like freq. Maybe a different set of bass blockers. Cause I'm not sure which ones are installed. Would it do anything if I were to wire 2 bass blockers to each speaker? Or maybe you guys know a different way to stop all bass to the speakers. If bass blockers is my only option what out there is the best bass blocker to get. Thank very much

Re: Please please help newbie
Friday, April 01, 2005 5:55 AM
Who installed them???
Bass blockers should work no problem if installed correctly. And yes you are limited to the bass blockers. I recomend Tsunami. Not only because i sell them but, they make some very nice equipment.

Wiring in two bass blockers won't do anything. They will still allow the same frequencies to pass through it. There are different Bass blockers. They are measured a little differently though. There are two that i know of rated at 99Hz and 199Hz.

I take it that you want to keep the stock deck right. If you were looking for a new head-unit look for sub controls. They usually give you high pass and low pass crossovers built into the deck. From those you can Eliminate all bass from the speakers and send it all to the sub. It also gives you Sub volume control.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search