amp for my subs? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
amp for my subs?
Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:59 PM
so ive had 4 mtx thunder 6000 10" subs for about 2 and a half years now. my friend had them from when they where brand spanken new. neve rused them. i baught them from him and never used them. they are in my car now in a very nice looking enclosure. now i need to get and amp...or 2. I hahve 2 seperate boxes both with aprox the same air space, or atleast very very close. I want to run 2 subs in one box off one amp and the other 2 in the other box off the other amp. i want to run about 300watts per sub. they are a 4 ohm speaker. dual voice coil.

basically what i am asking for is. what would be my best bet for an amp. i was going to go with a 4 channel mtx mxa 6004 because i can get a good deal. bridge them to 2 channels and run each speaker off one channel. using 2 amps in the end. but i really would like to hear any suggestions as to what would be better to run. i would be willing to spend a few extra bucks on this. i really wanted to run mtx and just keep everything unified. but if something else will sound better, im all ears.

any suggestions would be great
thanks

Re: amp for my subs?
Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:41 PM
oh and if i run 2 4 ohm speakers in series they become 2 ohm stable right?...or is it in parallel?

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:32 AM
any help would be much apreciated

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:42 AM
dont use a 4 channel amp. find you a mono amp that puts out 300 watts @4 ohms and 600 watts @ 2 ohms. now run the subs in paralelel to get a 4 ohm load. + to+ and - to -.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, April 01, 2005 12:45 PM
sounsd good to me. i was just weighing out my options. i can get a good deal on a 4 channel amp thats why i was going that direction. but mono will do. id rather it sounds better than save a few bucks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search