rattle - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rattle
Monday, March 28, 2005 4:49 PM
Hey guys I just got my stereo put in today, and i love it but i have one bad rattle. it's the trunk lid that is rattling bad. what can i do about this and how do i go about doing it? thanks in advance

Re: rattle
Monday, March 28, 2005 5:13 PM
sound deadener in the trunk. Usually it's just adhesive pads that you would put in there (take out the carpet, lay the mats, put the carpet back in).

Monday, March 28, 2005 5:15 PM
if i just put that on the lid, would that fix my problem? I would rather not spend anymore money then I have to right now kinda short on it

Monday, March 28, 2005 8:39 PM
yes kinda, you will notice the rattle will come form somewhere else then.

Just lower the bass.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:08 PM
the rattle will come from the bumper area then.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 2:45 PM
i notice that now! i had some cheap stuff laying around the house so i put a little in the trunk just around a few of the worse spots. and i see that it just keeps moving the rattle around. guess i am gonna have to take the stereo back out and do it right. i stopped at a local car shop to see what they had, and it wasnt much. $8 canadian for a square foot and the stuff is really thin. so i dont know what to do with it now. oh and by the way, my box is at the back of the trunk (closest to the license plate) with my amp between the box and the rear seat, if i switched that around would it help any? thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:33 PM
search for brown bread on ebay.ca. There are canadian retailers and you can get 100 sq ft for under 200 canadian.;
Friday, April 01, 2005 5:33 PM
I put my amp and cap on the back of my rear seat so the subs are right up against that... it sounds really nice and it leaves you with some more trunk

Friday, April 01, 2005 6:16 PM
right now my amp is between the box and rear seat, with my cap on the back of the box. do you have alot of bad rattles outside? like the trunk lid and bumper? and do you have it sound proofed or not??

Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:27 PM
I have no sound proofing what-so-ever. The inside sounds really nice and the outside sounds like absolute crap. The trunk lid creates this terrible and very audible buzzish rattle. I'm going to the local audio installation shop to look for suggestions. Right now its looking like crazy glue and a prayer.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:07 AM
Dynomat works wonders for this problem but its expensive. But you will have one heck of a quite ride all over afterwards. I am getting ready to re vamp my whole audio setup and plan to put dynomat in the front floor, rear floor and all over the trunk. my W7 rattles the hell out of my lisences plate area of my bumper and the trunk looks like its about to fall off the car. LOL Most of the shops around here use dynomat with great success though. Would love to know of something cheaper that worked as good though. Whats this brown bread stuff?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search