Amps Shutting Down - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Amps Shutting Down
Saturday, July 16, 2005 2:51 PM
I had this problem with my amps today after light listening for 2 hours my amps kept shutting down for a few minutes. I have an Audiobahn a12001DT at 1 ohm and an Audiobahn A4401T at 4 ohms. I check to see if they were hot and nothing. Not sure what problem my deck stayed on but both amps shut down. I was thinking it had something to do with remote wire coming from my Apline 9831. If anyone knows problem let me know.

Thanks

Re: Amps Shutting Down
Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:14 PM
did they totally lose power...or just go into protection?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:44 PM
Come to think of it... I have some led lights hooked up to my remote with too and they were off too so all power went down.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 5:59 PM
Ever had the prob before? What size wire are you running? Fuses? That sorta thing. Last time I had an amp shut off, it turned out to be a loose ground connection. Did they come back on by themselves? Or did you have to turn the ignition off and back on for them to power back up?

Saturday, July 16, 2005 6:25 PM
4 awg wire and they came back on....

Saturday, July 16, 2005 7:31 PM
Ok led lights stay on so its not the remote wire.... Will check ground wires when i get day light.

Saturday, July 16, 2005 8:52 PM
May also want to think about upgrading to a little larger power wire, depending on how much you push it, and also the rest (Big 3, battery, and what not). Hopefully, it was just a ground and yeah, it is much easier in daylight

Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:00 PM
got big 3 done and new battery

Sunday, July 17, 2005 2:05 AM
well, I have that problem when I am idling my car... that is bc my battery is bad and the alternator doensn't put out enough amps at idle to power it up, especially with the volume up... I dunno, just a thought

Sunday, July 17, 2005 8:40 AM
Bolt somehow came loose on the ground wires. Thanks for the help guys....

Sunday, July 17, 2005 2:44 PM
np.

happy listenin

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search