Locks and keyless entry?? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Locks and keyless entry??
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:55 PM
Ok, here is my problem the drivers door lock will not unlock with either switch but it will lock with both switches, and the keyless entry does the same thing it will lock both doors. But if you push the button once to unlock the drivers door the lights flash you can hear the relay clicking but the door does not unlock, then if you push it again it unlocks the passenger door just fine.

The same thing happens with the trunk pop on the remote, the lights flash the relay clicks but nothing opens.

I looked around a bit under the dash and it looks a little shady, I think it might be a dealer add on. I checked the fuses and everything is ok, beyond that there is a lot of options on what could be wrong. Any help would be really great, I am getting sick of unlocking my door with the key.

Re: Locks and keyless entry??
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:00 PM
If I had to guess... I'd say the door lock solenoid on the driver's door is shot. It's part of the stock door latch (assuming it's a factory keyless entry system). Does it have the standard GM keyfob? With four buttons? (One red with the honk picture, three gray with lock, unlock, trunk release).

Trunk pop could be the same thing... the solenoid on the trunk lock assembly could be shot. Or could be a wire broken along the line. Have to check it with a meter..

Re: Locks and keyless entry??
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:48 PM
yeah its the stock GM remote. Thanks for the idea I will look into it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search