? on tv install - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
? on tv install
Sunday, May 28, 2006 1:49 PM
I have a 6.5" in dash tv that I am installing and i use the stock wiring harness like you would do if you put a regular cd player in. I was wondering how do you guys run it b/c when I turn it up to a certain point the tv flickers like there is not enough power. I have heard that caps dont help at all and I have even heard to hook it to the windshield wiper power wire. just curious on how you guys do it so it doesnt flicker.

Re: ? on tv install
Sunday, May 28, 2006 7:52 PM
wire it right to your fuse block, and make sure you have a good ground. take the black wire that comes off of the deck directly and ground that. good luck.
Monday, May 29, 2006 1:04 AM
Ground it to metal, run the constant power straight to your battery.

-Chris
Monday, May 29, 2006 10:01 AM
werd

Monday, May 29, 2006 2:05 PM
Besse wrote:Ground it to metal, run the constant power straight to your battery.

When I run it straight to the battery when the key is out of the igintion it stays on. I tired that one al ready too. I will do the ground part that you all said and how would I do the fuse blck part? Would all I have to do is run the power wire and stick it in the fuse part or what? Sorry Im still learning.

Monday, May 29, 2006 4:33 PM
Only run the yellow (constant) wire straight to the battery. The factory switched power (red) wire should be fine, all it does is tell the deck when to turn on. Most of the power gets drawn through the constant.

-Chris
Monday, May 29, 2006 6:02 PM
Alright I will try that this week if I get a chance. I work two jobs the rest of the week so I will try and get time to do it. If not sunday i'm off and will try it then. Thanks for all the help.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search