can anyone help me? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can anyone help me?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:03 PM
okay so when i bought the car it had a viper alarm system on it. well the battery in the small remote ran out of batterys and wouldnt unlock the door so i opened the door with my key and the alarm went off, tried to turn it off with some small switch that was connected into the alarm system and it wouldnt turn off so i just disconnected the whole module. now im wondering is there any way to reprogram the remote to work again with the alarm system? because i doubt that once this happens that is it

Re: can anyone help me?
Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:17 PM
You would have to (1) look and read the manual that came with the alarm, there is seqeunce of turn the key on and pressing the button that will disable it. or (2) take it to a shop that installs those alarms.

I dunno it I would help ya.
Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:31 AM
put new batterys in the remote and hookup the alarm again, it should still work fine, i haven't come across one that loses its memory from being unhooked

Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:49 PM
I want to know why he un-hooked the module instead of turning the key on and hitting his valet button.. maybe he didn't know about that.

Anyways, it should still have it's memory, just hook it back up and see if it works, couldn't hurt. If it doesn't go somewhere that installs alarms and see what they say.

1983 Camaro Z28
Thursday, March 08, 2007 8:19 PM
thats like saying if you go out of range your alarm will lose its programming. I say just connect it up and i should work.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search