New project need help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New project need help
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:06 AM
Okay so I am someone who likes electronics. I have come up with an idea of a voice activated system for my car. I will first start by making one branch of commands for my ipod. I was thinking I could get a hold on some software that is used for newer pcs that have voice commands installed and working with that. I would put a mini mic into the top of my steering wheel. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or see any problems with this.

Re: New project need help
Friday, July 27, 2007 5:34 PM
road noise might interfere

4 door civic on the way i need a daily driver
Friday, July 27, 2007 11:11 PM
My friend had a head unit in his car that had voice recognition commands, it was almost impossible to use while driving, road noise, exhaust, his BOV, all interfered with it, especially if the windows were down, it was a real pain

---

Saturday, July 28, 2007 5:57 AM
yeah I took that into account for the most part. I was going to see if having a activation word that would engage the system would take away some of that. The location is prime too. On the steering wheel there is little/no wind comming from the windows when down. One problem how ever is I like to listen to music really loud. So the problem will be a human voice being reconizable over the music. Well I wont be doing this for a while cause I'm just lazy and don't have the extra cash availible atm.
Sunday, July 29, 2007 3:21 PM
although it may be difficult to initiate this (yelling over the stereo) ... perhaps the trigger word you spoke of would cue the radio to turn down the volume, as if it were listening, that would eliminate any issues with mic not hearing you...
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:42 AM
O.o good idea Sunflower.. I'm not sure if my radio has an automatic volume reduction cause some times when I slow down on the high way the volume turns down but if it does have then that would make things easier to wire your idea.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:29 AM
good luck hope you have an EE background. .
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search