keep blowing my inline aug fuse - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
keep blowing my inline aug fuse
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:13 PM
...at really high volumes, at least 80%+. Fuse is rated for 80 amps (highest one i could find)

any ideas why?

Re: keep blowing my inline aug fuse
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:20 PM
is it blowing once you put it in?

or when your turning it up?

because if its blowing right after you put it in there is a short to ground

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:24 PM
What kind of amps are you running? Check grounds and the main power wire for shorts (broken insulation etc.)

Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:36 PM
You'd be suprised what some bigger, class D amps pull. My breaker is rated at 150A...

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:52 PM
I NEVER blew an 60 amp fuse with my amp at full tilt. But if the OP is using some inefficient amps (Hifonics etc etc) its possible to do it on 4 gauge wire but usually if a fuse is blowing its not from the amperage pull of the amp. Usually its from an outside source like a break in the wire or a poor ground.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:43 PM
is there a way how i can test that with multimeter? like check resitstance or smth?
Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:57 PM
Amperage draw is a tricky one to test. Whats your main power wire size?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:01 PM
2 ga
Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:04 PM
What amps? Ill have to look up their efficiency and power rating to judge amp draw.

You really should use a bigger fuse than 80 amp if you needed 2 gauge. I think its rated up to like 150 or 175 amps IIRC.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:05 PM
rockford fosgate t1500 and phoenix gold v754
Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:07 PM
Way too small of a fuse. I dont even have to look that up. Hahaha. Youll need to get an ANL fuse holder and something like a 150 amp fuse.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:56 PM
i am also adding rockford fosgate t600-4 with additional deep cycle battery and looking at an alt swap to power my 2 pairs of C5s
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270345283523&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
i want to do the Big 3 as well but the problem is that the batteries are in my trunk and it'd be a b*tch to run the wires there.. anyway to make this job easier??
also when connecting two batteries (in parallel) how do i go about hooking up the wires, i mean there's going to be 3 different sets of power/ground cables connected to a single battery (alt/another bat/amp) so how do i connect them together?
Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:26 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Way too small of a fuse. I dont even have to look that up. Hahaha. Youll need to get an ANL fuse holder and something like a 150 amp fuse.

x2

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, September 24, 2010 4:36 AM
Ryan Pitt wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Way too small of a fuse. I dont even have to look that up. Hahaha. Youll need to get an ANL fuse holder and something like a 150 amp fuse.

x2

x3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search