cobalt ss subwoofer in cavalier - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cobalt ss subwoofer in cavalier
Saturday, February 01, 2014 7:47 PM
i just got a cobalt ss subwoofer for my 2004 cavalier lss and i have some questions. has anybody ever done it before? do i need an amplifer to go with it? does anybody have a thread on it? if somebody can tell me how to put it in that would be great. also if anybody has pics of one in a cavalier can you post a picture. thank you in advance.

Re: cobalt ss subwoofer in cavalier
Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:18 PM
Use the search function. There is a thread in the electronics/audio forum.
Sunday, February 02, 2014 1:25 PM
what are you suppose to search i cant find any?
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:33 AM
Does it fit in the car? I had an old SS box and I thought it didn't fit, or the trunk hinge hit it or something? You just have the box and sub? Yes you will need a small amp to power it. You will need to check the ratings of the sub and find something with similar power, I usually find a amp with a little more power then don't turn it up all the way.
Also for the search nothing shows up but if you select search message bodies, a few pop up. I normally search titles myself but a lot of topics you search for have different titles(unrelated to your search topic). If you search cobalt ss subwoofer, this is the only thread that comes up. Members that have been here longer remember seeing a thread so they tell newer members to use the search right away. Even though nothing can be found unless you play around with the search settings.

Here is the only one I can find related to what you are looking for, might be able to find more if you play with the search settings.
Cobalt SS owners, need some knowledge!

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:43 AM
The thread is called "Cobalt Pioneer Woofer in a J". I just searched the audio forum for "cobalt" and it was like the second or third one down.
It does require some modification to fit but, in the thread he shows what he does to get it to fit.
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:55 AM
Cobalt Pioneer Woofer in a J.

Wow I feel dumb, searched cobalt sub, cobalt subwoofer, ss subwoofer, cobalt ss, etc... never thought to just search cobalt.
Too bad I didn't find that thread few years ago, I have a cobalt box in my garage. I took it out when I bought the cobalt and put 2 15s in. Sold the pioneer 10" to my step dad and the truck it was in a fire. so I just had the box. Tried fitting it in the cavalier but it looked like there was no way of making it fit. It also doesn't fit in a Mazda 3. oh well, I have a 10" Kicker L3 in a small box that pounds pretty good.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search