dynamat type idea...opinions please - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dynamat type idea...opinions please
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:18 PM
hey...i was jsut thinking the other day about an alternative to dynamating...Would 2-3 layers of a 6 mil vapour barrier have a similar effect...i ain't lookinf for something very hardcore here...just something to down the noise form outside....just like go grab some at home depot and have a go....im willing to give it a try...mos tlikely on easter weekend...but if anyone ca give me some redflags as to why i should not do this let me know...is it a waste or time and money...will it even work...any ideas are welcome...thanks

Re: dynamat type idea...opinions please
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:11 AM
also maybe like that insulation stuff for under clic-board..seems liek it could have advantages to deaden the sound....just looking to get a decent improvement, and spend less money

Monday, March 21, 2005 10:16 AM
The premise behind sound deadining is that it adds mass to a vibrating panel to stop it from vibrating or at least minimizing it. If you were to lay something on top of it, it will do nothing unless it is bonded to the panel. You can also lay a thin underlay type material, and that will serve to block road noise, but would work totally independant and differently than a stick on deadener.

Monday, March 21, 2005 10:49 AM
So..if i got some spray adhesive and some of the underpad for flooring...and stuck the thing onto the panels...how would that compare?

Monday, March 21, 2005 12:17 PM
Not well. I would be better and prob cheaper in the long run to just buy b-quiet, or Fatmat. They are both great alternitives to the more bulky and expensive Dynomat crap.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:57 PM
hmm...thanks

Monday, March 21, 2005 7:46 PM
yea, don't halfazz it...do it right the first time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:27 AM
the underpad for flooring would be somewhat similar to the stuff the manufactureres use under the carpet. but doubt its as dense as that, so you'd need several layers to become just as effective, anything technicall could be considered a sound damper. think of a thin t-shirt, over your ears. not think of 100 tshirts over your ears. yes eventually it will cut out the sound, but it will also be about 2' thick of material. your best and easiest was is to find something that dampens allot but itnt very thick, this is were your sound dampening sheets come in. youlle pay abit more but generally your going to better off in the long run.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 2:30 PM
pick up some type of sound deadener. like everyone else has said, pick up some alternative type of dynamat. i did and i can tell the difference. i had to do something because the new carpet that i got put in a while back allowed more road noise through.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search