Boosted Cavy Update - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boosted Cavy Update
Friday, July 27, 2007 6:31 PM
heres my stock TB bored to 58mm.

as you can plainly see, if you go any larger your going to be getting into a vaccum port (the center between the two big open sensors sections)

the thickness between the sensor holes and the tb inside diameter is literally 2 sheets of paper.

Friday, July 27, 2007 9:41 PM
zya, well I wouldn't go through all that trouble just to spin a bearing. Which can happen with poor crank dampening. Despite oiling, balance etc. ( although the balancing is important )

When you are making 400 + WHP its good to have it.
I used to think it was a worthless mod, but the proper dampener can mean the difference b/t a time bomb and a work horse. But, its not like i expect this community to have this, most people won't go over 500 WHP, let alone 400 <-- only a small teaspoon full there.

I want to see his LD9 in great shape, One of those cars that goes through trannys... :}
Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:32 AM
Beau wrote:I want to see his LD9 in great shape, One of those cars that goes through trannys... :}

Arghhh, trannys... Yeah, just make sure you're not 14 hours away from home when you decide to have one go on you. Trust me.

Looks good though man.

Monday, July 30, 2007 8:05 AM
Rockin the NVG t550 here with torsen LSD

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Monday, July 30, 2007 10:30 AM
Quote:

Rockin the NVG t550 here with torsen LSD

Lucky SOB on both parts !!!

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
Monday, July 30, 2007 12:26 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
Beau wrote:AND... ABSOLUTLEY DO NOT GET AN ALUMINUM CRANK PULLEY. You MUST have a balanced and heavy damper to better absorb vibrations, that alone could kill your motor. At those power levels, Im SURE you balanced the crank, rods, pistons and pulley ALL need to be balanced.

its not a v8 bud. all he needs is a well balanced bottom end.

and why cant you balance an aluminum pulley to the rest of the bottom end??? care to elaborate?

its not a "harmonic balancer" its just a pulley on the end of the crank to drive the accessories.

I have to agree with Z Yaaaa....
Please explain....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:32 AM
Well after about 8 months worth of work, numerous setbacks getting parts, machine shop delays and tonsssss of fabrication to this setup it's finally done! Well sorta There is a couple small oil leaks coming from the pan right now and I think my alternator isn't putting out the proper juice... but the car runs and I drove it a bit this past weekend. Put about 10 miles on it total... I didn't wanna drive much with the alternator acting the way it is now. Anyways here is a pic of the final engine setup, i'm very pleased with how everything turned out

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:38 AM
pure sex....
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 8:42 AM
Wow that looks just as amazing as I imagine it runs.

Major props, that is a beauty of a 2.4l!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:01 AM
Thanks guys The car is just on a base tune right now... only on the .5 bar wastegate spring and a bit rich. I haven't gotten above 3500rpms yet. I have at least a couple hundred miles to go before I wanna go much above that or really start to tune it. The engine seems to run really smooth and the tune isn't bad at all right now. The 750cc injectors seem to be scaled pretty close to right... I just can't wait till the car doesnt have these small issues and is broken in so I can see what it will do

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:01 AM
Damn nice man, custom IDI cover I presume? Love it.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:04 AM
Quote:

Damn nice man, custom IDI cover I presume? Love it.

Thanks man! Yeah it's a custom piece... honestly I put the cover on the car and hated it the way it was stock... something about all those lines on the top of the cover just drove me buts and I really wanted something that would set off the top of the engine so what you see is what I came up with It's the stock IDI with a custom bent piece of metal overlayed and then wrapped in real CF. I'm very pleased with how it came out

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:57 AM
Your engine bay is looking good. You should try and get some better pics. The low lighting conditions in the pictures kind of give it a yellow or orangeish tint. I know it can be tought to get good pictures when it all shines and the light reflects off. Better pics would be worth it as I am sure those do not do it justice. I love the custom IDI cover.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:45 AM
Quote:

Your engine bay is looking good. You should try and get some better pics. The low lighting conditions in the pictures kind of give it a yellow or orangeish tint. I know it can be tought to get good pictures when it all shines and the light reflects off. Better pics would be worth it as I am sure those do not do it justice. I love the custom IDI cover.

Haha thanks man... actually the pics weren't meant for a magazine or anything simply documentation... the tint you talk about is likely from the flourescant lights and plywood ceiling. I'll grab some better ones once the car is actually totally completed with no more small issues or leaks grrrr. Thanks for the compliments so far guys.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:46 PM
That's bloody horny. Wow.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:31 PM
nice

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:53 PM
I have to vote here, best built 2.4L....and nicest engine bay on the org, hands down, absolutly hands down. I dont even want to begin to know how much time and money is in that engine bay. Have a custom aluminum coolant tank built, and polish it, and the engine bay will be PERFECT, as in, cant get better. If I had the patients and money to put into a 4cyl, taht is exactly what my engine bay would be like.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:22 AM
Quote:

I have to vote here, best built 2.4L....and nicest engine bay on the org, hands down, absolutly hands down. I dont even want to begin to know how much time and money is in that engine bay. Have a custom aluminum coolant tank built, and polish it, and the engine bay will be PERFECT, as in, cant get better. If I had the patients and money to put into a 4cyl, taht is exactly what my engine bay would be like.

Wow! thanks for the kind words! I dunno about the best built and definately don't make any claims of that on here. I've done everything I wanted to with the engine and hopefully once I get some kinks out I can start working on getting some nice numbers out of this thing

The coolant tank that is on the car right now is the stock one but has the rksport carbon fiber cover on it. I like how it meshed with all the other CF accents I'll have to grab some more pics of the car now that its actually all back together and driveable lol

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:33 AM
dear lord man.

thats an impressive machine

95-99 ftw

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 8:47 AM
how much you selling it for? lol .. love the outcome.. all the work and delays paid off.. i usually regret projects i start, but in the end they always pay off. great job on the engine.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:37 AM
dude seriously. i dont know what to say about that engine. honestly the sexiest engine i have EVER seen. very impressive build. congrats.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:15 PM
Honestly, there has been some nice stuff taht has gone through these forums, but nothing has wow'ed me like your attention to detail has. Its beautiful, you deserve it man. And that thing is going to laugh at 400. Larger turbo, equal length turbo manifold, intake manifold that is actually designed for your engine(rather than some of the intake mani's I have seen on this website) and standalone, possibly megasquirt, and you will be set to break all sorts of records. Well, your setup right now will break the 2.4 hp record easily, but I know if I had your engine, the 2.4 hp record wouldnt be my goal, but rather it would be much higher.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:12 AM
so........what did it put down?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 9:07 AM
I guess I should update this thread a bit but I don't have any numbers right now. Those will come sometime in April/May when the car is taken the the dyno and fully tuned.

The car saw very limited road time last season and only reached around 12psi when the head gasket began to leak on me as well as an issue with my oil pan leaking. This resulted in me putting the car up for the rest of last season and it has yet again went under the knife. This winter the car is undergoing numerous new upgrades as I knew they were necessary for what I'm eventually shooting for. This winters upgrades are as follows:

-Garret T60-1 turbo .82a/r
-Greddy ProFec B boost controller
-MSD coils and ignition conversion
-Devilsown Alky Injection

The car should be completed and back on the road by April. I would like to have a few weeks of road time to sort out bugs and any issues that may arrise before the car will hit the dyno to be tuned. I'll definately make sure to post new pictures and some updates as I get things completed. Again thanks so much to everyone for all the kind words, much appreciated!!!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:19 PM
keep us updated and good luck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search