How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System - Page 10 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Saturday, April 03, 2010 7:38 AM
yeah if you have pics that would be great....

Sunday, April 04, 2010 11:30 AM
Sunday, April 04, 2010 1:08 PM
06_ion2 wrote:http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MBR0003

lol if it was that simple... then it wouldnt be a 10 page thread haha

Sunday, April 04, 2010 2:55 PM
yeah....dont think i'd pay $50 for a breather filter. Ill stick to my $8 autozone breather, which i dont use anymore. ha

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Monday, April 05, 2010 12:08 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
06_ion2 wrote:http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MBR0003

lol if it was that simple... then it wouldnt be a 10 page thread haha

This filter on there and then run the PCV to a catch can then to the intake on the turbo. Thats what im going to do, I believe it should work?
Monday, April 05, 2010 12:12 PM
Or this on the filter cap? Its a 10AN http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MBR0003%2D10AN And run that to a catch can also and to the intake of the turbo?
Monday, April 05, 2010 6:10 PM
the eco guys should go spend 24 bucks cdn from GM and get the vented oil cap not sure if its the same for a 2.4 but that work prevent it from boosting it

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, April 05, 2010 6:57 PM
a vented oil cap is no different than a vent on that breather... its not going to fix it....

Monday, April 05, 2010 7:39 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:a vented oil cap is no different than a vent on that breather... its not going to fix it....
Then whats going to fix it?
Monday, April 05, 2010 7:57 PM
new intake manifold, put a hole over the port. run a line from that to a catch can, run a line from the turbo intake to the catch can so its pulling vac.

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:19 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:new intake manifold, put a hole over the port. run a line from that to a catch can, run a line from the turbo intake to the catch can so its pulling vac.

I have that port going to my Evap canister, is this wrong? because others have done this.

I have a built 2.2 pushing 1bar on a s256. I dont think my PCV in my head has enough venting, as you can see its going to a catch can already and that is going to my intake on the turbo.

Monday, April 05, 2010 8:27 PM
What im doing for mine and ill be running some decent boost will be this.

New intake manifold is done. the port between runner 2 and 3 is tapped with an an fitting on the manifold. not sure what size the fitting is. Also i have a -12 an fitting welded into the valve cover. there will be a -12 line from the valve cover to the catch can, and then a line from the pcv port in the head to the catch can. then a line from the catch can to the turbo intake. so that no matter what its seeing vacuum.

Monday, April 05, 2010 8:53 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:What im doing for mine and ill be running some decent boost will be this.

New intake manifold is done. the port between runner 2 and 3 is tapped with an an fitting on the manifold. not sure what size the fitting is. Also i have a -12 an fitting welded into the valve cover. there will be a -12 line from the valve cover to the catch can, and then a line from the pcv port in the head to the catch can. then a line from the catch can to the turbo intake. so that no matter what its seeing vacuum.

So that middle port is a bad idea to have connected to my fuel evap canistor? or what does that port do? Humm.

So basically if I get this part: http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MBR0003%2D10AN and run this to a catch can then to my turbo intake it will be all good? Ill have two catch can's on my valve cover then and they both will be connected to my turbo intake.
Monday, April 05, 2010 9:09 PM
for $46 you could buy a an fitting, tap and weld it on, and not have to pull a line to change your oil every time. id run the port between runner 2 and 3 (thats your pcv port) to the intake for the turbo some how.

Monday, April 05, 2010 9:19 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:for $46 you could buy a an fitting, tap and weld it on, and not have to pull a line to change your oil every time. id run the port between runner 2 and 3 (thats your pcv port) to the intake for the turbo some how.

But the fitting for the oil cap screws rite in just like a oil cap does 3/4 turn, thats no biggie I can deal with that when changing oil, this car isnt driven much. Humm, so what should I do then with my evap canister then? Put that to my turbo intake too? Pic below with a arrow.

Monday, April 05, 2010 9:41 PM
im not sure with an evap canister. is it supposed to see vacuum all the time?

Monday, April 05, 2010 9:50 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:im not sure with an evap canister. is it supposed to see vacuum all the time?

I dont know, it seems like they see boost on the LNF's but im not sure if its a 1 way valve or how that all works On the zzp vac setup's they see boost but im not sure if thats correct though.
Monday, April 05, 2010 10:53 PM
Well it looks like im going to run a check valve from the PCV on the head/intake to the intake manifold.

Then running my evap inline with my catch can thats on my valve cover to the inlit on the turbo.

Then running the oil cap fitting to a catch can then to the turbo inlit.

Kinda like this.

Thoughts? ideas?
Friday, April 09, 2010 11:28 AM
Friday, August 20, 2010 6:10 AM
this whole thread is very confusing, and explained in so many different ways, Could some one draw me a stick figure cartoon with connect a to b directions, im trying to figure out how to do this, what is the simplest way that you guys have found to solve this problem, i have a 95 cav with a built 93 SCX H.O motor running a turbonetics 60 trim turbo, please dont flame me for this, i have spent the last hour of my life trying to decypher the da vinci code that is this thread lol, so i did read, but im still new to boost and i want to make sure i do this right

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:32 AM
1fast 2point3 wrote:this whole thread is very confusing, and explained in so many different ways, Could some one draw me a stick figure cartoon with connect a to b directions, im trying to figure out how to do this, what is the simplest way that you guys have found to solve this problem, i have a 95 cav with a built 93 SCX H.O motor running a turbonetics 60 trim turbo, please dont flame me for this, i have spent the last hour of my life trying to decypher the da vinci code that is this thread lol, so i did read, but im still new to boost and i want to make sure i do this right

It honestly can't get any more simple than Chris' (SweetnessGT) picture and directions on the very first page, in the very first post lol.

Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:15 PM
1fast-

in a nutshell....you'll be using two catch cans to capture the oil that would instead either be pushed out of your engine seals and dripped onto the ground or otherwise leak. follow chris's diagram and instructions to a T and you'll be golden. its not really that difficult once you get in there. stop trying to understand it NOW, build the system and then the answers will come to you as you physically do the setup yourself.

oil in catch cans > dirty ass engine bay and leaking all over the ground.

Oldsmobile all motor > Saab/Opel boosted
Saturday, September 25, 2010 5:35 AM
so has anyone decided whether the two catch can set up is better for most people, or the set up with a single catch can with the line coming from the timing chain cover to a catch can to the turbo intake, also im not running an intake on my turbo,

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Saturday, September 25, 2010 8:20 PM
am I doing it right?
From the stock breather port to the catch can to the brake booster line. I need to find time for putting the breather on the oil filler cap.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:04 AM
if im running a 2.4 manifold on my eco it should cover the hole up correct? do i then need to drill a new hole so it can breath in air or do i just let it be? it is seeing about 15-20lbs boost

running rich? turn the boost up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search