How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System - Page 8 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To: LD9/Ecotec Boosted PCV System
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:39 AM
hahahahaha.. i'm an idiot!! i wasnt thinking guys! hahahahaha!!!! my buddy was over and was trying to correct me and i was like " what are you talking about?" hahahaha! sorry for my stupid moments everyone!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:13 AM
Mike Nahodil wrote:hahahahaha.. i'm an idiot!! i wasnt thinking guys! hahahahaha!!!! my buddy was over and was trying to correct me and i was like " what are you talking about?" hahahaha! sorry for my stupid moments everyone!

to be honest i laughed a bit

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:19 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:
Mike Nahodil wrote:hahahahaha.. i'm an idiot!! i wasnt thinking guys! hahahahaha!!!! my buddy was over and was trying to correct me and i was like " what are you talking about?" hahahaha! sorry for my stupid moments everyone!

to be honest i laughed a bit

i lol'd a bit too.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:21 PM

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:14 PM
does it matter on the kind or brand of check valve to use i found some on ebay but i dont know if they will work here is one
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brass-Check-Valve-1-4-Several-Available-New_W0QQitemZ390045654683QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item390045654683&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A120 5|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

let me know guys casue i need the check valves now and i didnt order them from earlier in the post
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 9:26 PM
alrighty so heres my question:

for my ho manifold i got 1 nipple on the far right, 1 in the middle then my screw in iat sensor.

on the back i got a 5/8 nipple

so my vac so far is this:

far left nipple has my fpr regulator connected to it and teed into for my boost gauge.

middle nipple has a vac line from my air/oil seperator from the block that i tapped like said ran the t so i can run the other line (perpindicularily) to my turbo air intake and the other part of the line goes to that middle nipple

the 5/8 nipple on the back has my brake booster connected to it

throttle body is setup:

Both left seem to be after the throttle body plate
top left nipple will be my bov and nothing teed into it
bottom left nipple has my map sensor

top right is my wastegate
bottom right was brake booster but is now plugged off

any help/insight would be great!!!

Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:26 AM
pics? I would get the map and wg vacumes post tb.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:43 AM
I need pics lol. Also, I always thought the IAT sensor needed to be put before the throttle body?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:09 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:I need pics lol. Also, I always thought the IAT sensor needed to be put before the throttle body?

Remember though, Quads cam with IAT screw-in sensor in the manifold. Only draw back to it being in the manifold is the amount of heat that sensor sees because it's aluminum bolted to the head, but with a phenolic spacer theres no heatsoak draw back (or at least not as much) which acts the same as if you relocated the sensor to the intake instead of the manifold.

Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:40 AM
Thrice . wrote:
WHITECAVY wrote:I need pics lol. Also, I always thought the IAT sensor needed to be put before the throttle body?

Remember though, Quads cam with IAT screw-in sensor in the manifold. Only draw back to it being in the manifold is the amount of heat that sensor sees because it's aluminum bolted to the head, but with a phenolic spacer theres no heatsoak draw back (or at least not as much) which acts the same as if you relocated the sensor to the intake instead of the manifold.

im running the chris fontana phenolic spacer and the iats usually stay at atmospheric temps

Thursday, June 11, 2009 2:40 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:
Thrice . wrote:

im running the chris fontana phenolic spacer and the iats usually stay at atmospheric temps

Cool, didnt know the IAT's came in the manifold for the quads

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:42 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:alrighty so heres my question:

for my ho manifold i got 1 nipple on the far right, 1 in the middle then my screw in iat sensor.

far left nipple has my fpr regulator connected to it and teed into for my boost gauge.

middle nipple has a vac line from my air/oil seperator from the block that i tapped like said ran the t so i can run the other line (perpindicularily) to my turbo air intake and the other part of the line goes to that middle nipple

throttle body is setup:

You are going to want the map sensor on the manifold, not TB. It will not read correct and idle like crap.

FU Tuning

Friday, June 12, 2009 5:57 PM
John Higgins wrote:

throttle body is setup:

You are going to want the map sensor on the manifold, not TB. It will not read correct and idle like crap.

Why won't it run right, you said there was vacuum in the intake pipe, so why can't there be vacuum in the throttle body?????

Friday, June 12, 2009 8:17 PM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:
John Higgins wrote:

throttle body is setup:

Why won't it run right, you said there was vacuum in the intake pipe, so why can't there be vacuum in the throttle body?????

Yes there in vacuum, but not the same amount.

FU Tuning

Friday, June 12, 2009 8:48 PM
So you're saying intake pipe vacuum is less than intake manifold vacuum, correct?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, June 12, 2009 8:49 PM

Sunday, June 14, 2009 9:43 AM
MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, June 14, 2009 10:12 AM
Stop trying to sound smart Brain.

Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:22 AM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:So you're saying intake pipe vacuum is less than intake manifold vacuum, correct?

yes

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 14, 2009 1:55 PM
John Higgins wrote:
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:So you're saying intake pipe vacuum is less than intake manifold vacuum, correct?

yes

So say you had a canister with two hoses connected to it. One hose had slight vacuum applied to it and the other a lot more. Which way would the air travel? To the hose with more vacuum or the hose with less vacuum?

Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:25 PM
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:
John Higgins wrote:

yes

So say you had a canister with two hoses connected to it. One hose had slight vacuum applied to it and the other a lot more. Which way would the air travel? To the hose with more vacuum or the hose with less vacuum?

Why are you asking this?

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 14, 2009 3:51 PM
John Higgins wrote:
(Tom) S/C Fire wrote:
John Higgins wrote:

yes

Why are you asking this?

Just trying to figure out how the pcv system works....
thats what this thread is about

Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:10 AM
BUMP, still curious about the vacuum diagrams and such others are running.

Saturday, July 11, 2009 1:00 AM
John Higgins wrote:

throttle body is setup:

havent had any issues with idling at all, drives perfect and idles perfect

im still curious to how people are running their vacuum lines

Friday, July 17, 2009 10:35 AM
i was at the track last week and found out about a company out of Schamburg, IL that has a few things for boosted cars, including these.

they look to be a bit smaller than the ones posted up earlier in this thread and they come in black or red.
they cost a bit more but to some that may not be an issue and they are readily available.

here is their site.

http://boombaracing.com/index.html

just wanted to post up to give us some options.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search