Product Review: O.E.M. phenolic m62 spacer - Page 5 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Product Review: O.E.M. phenolic m62 spacer
Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:54 PM
This worries me too as I also have one I'm about to install. Chris were you able to take any pictures of this issue?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:58 PM
the issues is pretty black and white once you look at it. the driver edge of the blower will not have a seal against the outer edge of the spacer if you use the stock gaskets.

Monday, September 10, 2012 3:33 PM
I personally didn't have any issues with the 1st spacer Mark made for my car. Off hand I can't remember if I had a similar alignment issue. I just installed it as noted in the review and drove the car. Worst thing that could happen would be a vac/boost leak that you'll notice right away. Put it on and see what happens, or put a thin dab of black rtv on the lip so something can seal it up......

Monday, September 10, 2012 5:08 PM
i saw that and it bothered me too. what i did was use a dremel with a fine grinder bit to make a small bevel on the lower ID edge. then when i had enough of a bevel worked into it, i made a gasket out of Karropak (1/32" fibrous gasket material made by Fel-Pro bought at autozone) for the bypass and for the blower body and put that between the spacers and the blower. i also used a touch of black RTV between the gasket and the blower, mainly to hold everything in place during installation. it has held up to 8-10psi of boost regularly with no issues.

Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:27 PM

fitment=dogfarts
horrible fitment, and i didnt even try installing it after seeing the factory gasket compared to the OEM one from mark.
not understanding what the issue is in copying the factory size?

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:51 PM
this spacer even looks different then the first pic in this thread

Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:08 PM
It appears that way aswell.
Hmmm?

Built&Boosted moar

Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:44 PM
It does look different than the first pics I posted but look how it sits on my pics on page 1, thanks for the pics gorman. Looking back at it seems it was the same way then.....I didn't use any rtv except for a tiny coating on he bypass spacer on the blower side of it. Other than that we'd have to ask the guy whom purchased my kit (richard crespo) to post pics of the gasket/spacer to see how it fits to be sure. I never had any leaks even after installing and removing the blower countless times.

Monday, September 24, 2012 10:31 AM
it looks the same as the pic posted on the first page... it's just shown compared to the blower instead of the manifold posted above.

Monday, September 24, 2012 2:18 PM
The spacer still should not be blocking airflow like that.
It literally would not function correctly

Built&Boosted moar

Monday, September 24, 2012 3:56 PM
it looks worse because you have the spacer oriented incorrectly. if you install it that way, you will have a massive vac leak. flip that on both axes' and it will look better. i found that out the hard way.

Monday, September 24, 2012 3:57 PM
damn no edit......just flip it vertically

Monday, September 24, 2012 4:06 PM
even if he does flip it, he still has ATLEAST one whole side of the spacer that does not meet up with the oring on the GM gasket. I really think this spacers was designed on OEM's M62 manifold meant for the LD9. It would be simple enough for OEM to make a 100% copy shape wise of the gasket. They there would be NO issues.

Look at the picture i attached. the area in blue and red need to meet up, and even when they go, they gasket is NOT sealing right there. If this were a normal manifold that only see vac, i would see no issues, but with the 14+ psi people are throwing through here, I think it should mate to the oring.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg (229k)

Monday, September 24, 2012 4:09 PM
Matt can you do us a favor and stake the gasket and spacer correctly and post a pic so they will be able to see.

Monday, September 24, 2012 5:05 PM
mine sees 10lbs of boost every day with no leaking. just saying.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:30 PM
Sparkey05 wrote:mine sees 10lbs of boost every day with no leaking. just saying.

Granted I don't have mine anymore it worked just fine.......I think people should just install it and keep it if it works or sell it ifit bothers you guys that much. Also I don't think Mark is going to see this thread as his sale thead is in the Performance subforum and this is my review thread that's been around for a long time.

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:38 PM
I posted in his sale thread a whle back but no response from Mark.
Monday, September 24, 2012 6:40 PM
he doesnt care. beside what he is doing with Jeffie, he doesnt really care about this forum IMO

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:50 PM
Have you guys sent him an email? If I had a small business and had myself and maybe one other guy I wouldn't have time to check every thread in every section on every forum I might be apart of while cutting parts, welding and doing R&D on stuff. He'll get back to you eventually if you send an email.

He doesn't offer all that much for jbody's as it is, because there is not a lot of money to be made here. The spacer works it's just not designed like you guys would have cut it. It seals boost/vacume and doesn't leak while helping fight heat soak. This is he product he's made that I'd buy again without a 2nd thought if I had an mp62 again....Camber plates though never again.

Monday, September 24, 2012 8:28 PM
it deff didnt work on my car.
started it up and as i figured vac leak.
either way you put it, your going to have issues. even with the rtv bs.
im just going to make my own.
something i probably should have done from the get go.
owell, live and learn is the game

Built&Boosted moar

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:06 PM

Hey guys been really busy with a new project. If you are very concerned with the fit shoot the spacer back to me and i will get you a nee spacer cut. No guarantees it will be within a few days. The spacers have been used on several cars in the area with no problems. But if you don't feel comfortable send it back to the address below.

853 waterway pl 117
Longwood fl 32750

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:38 PM
Id be very interested in this if its slightly redesigned to match the blower shape better.

Im going to take a look at mine this weekend and maybe do it.
Friday, September 28, 2012 8:19 AM
As would I. I'll likely be sending mine back. Thanks for the support Mark!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, September 28, 2012 8:29 AM
There we go happy solution for all...... A+ Mark

Friday, September 28, 2012 8:29 AM
Not a problem guys, sorry about the delay in the response, totally missed it.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search