fuel pressure with 3.0 pulley - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pressure with 3.0 pulley
Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:09 PM
if any of you guys are running the 3.0 on the gm flash. are you adjusting fuel pressure at all? i am running 62 PSI fuel pressure at WOT and 52 at idle. so in theory, i should have NO issues running the 3.0. my afrs right now with the stock pulley are low 10.s at WOT. If I need to bump the fuel a few PSI to keep it in the safe range, this should be fine right?

Re: fuel pressure with 3.0 pulley
Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:25 PM
The car I tuned on a 2.8, was on stock pump, stock FPR, so should have be at 62psi at WOT.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:24 AM
im talking about stock setup on the flash except the pulley.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:08 AM
I have a 3.0 on the reflash with a stock pump and pressure and I still see 10.0 on my wideband.
Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:22 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:The car I tuned on a 2.8, was on stock pump, stock FPR, so should have be at 62psi at WOT.

but what injectors?

Monday, September 26, 2011 12:42 PM
Richard Edmondson wrote:I have a 3.0 on the reflash with a stock pump and pressure and I still see 10.0 on my wideband.

what wideband? is it broken? lol i only see low 11's with the stock pulley.

Monday, September 26, 2011 2:49 PM
AEM... nope, just put a new sensor on it. But I also run meth.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:50 PM
EvoFire wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:The car I tuned on a 2.8, was on stock pump, stock FPR, so should have be at 62psi at WOT.

but what injectors?

They are 60# injectors.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:58 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the duty cycle is gonna be like 130% on a 3.0 even with the marginal bump in fuel pressure. Remember pressure and flow are geometrically proportional. If you want double the flow, you need four times the pressure. If you want triple the flow, you need eight times the pressure. Going from the stock ~58psi to 62psi fuel pressure is figuratively a drop in the bucket, when the kit's injectors are beyond maxed on even a 3.1" pulley.

Just my two cents...

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:21 PM
well we shall see. i know people that have run the 3.0 just fine. I am kinda hoping one or two of them would have chimed in.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:26 AM
Oh, I'm not saying it won't run, i'm just saying the injectors will be punished, like S&M punished, or like talking back to drunk step dad punished. There comes a point where you should do yourself the favor and grab the bigger injectors and HPT and do it right.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:16 PM
oldskool wrote:Oh, I'm not saying it won't run, i'm just saying the injectors will be punished, like S&M punished, or like talking back to drunk step dad punished. There comes a point where you should do yourself the favor and grab the bigger injectors and HPT and do it right.

I appreciate your opinion. Trust me, HPT is in my near near near future. The only reason i did the pulley last night is becuase the blower was already off so i could change the tensioner pulley, and my pulley tool and hub were right there. just made sense. just for giggles, i logged my drive to work, with a few pulls to WOT in 3rd, and a few in 4th, and IDC never went about 80%. just saying. so maybe it all worked out better then most would think. Also at WOT, AFRs were between 11.4 and 12. and IIRC that is about perfect.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:04 PM
That's what my afr's are on a 3.1, probably was scary on the 3.0 lol

Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:13 PM
ecotecpower wrote:That's what my afr's are on a 3.1, probably was scary on the 3.0 lol

stock everything? 36's stock fuel pressure?

Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:14 PM
EvoFire wrote:
ecotecpower wrote:That's what my afr's are on a 3.1, probably was scary on the 3.0 lol

stock everything? 36's stock fuel pressure?

Yes sir

Friday, September 30, 2011 3:42 AM
Lol you guys are defying all the data I have on several M62 L61's, but I'm glad it is working out for you.

Friday, September 30, 2011 6:53 AM
oldskool wrote:Lol you guys are defying all the data I have on several M62 L61's, but I'm glad it is working out for you.

I have to agree lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search