04 ecotech - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 ecotech
Friday, November 11, 2011 10:28 AM
alright guys i have been doing a lot of reading. i just got a 04 cavalier with a 2.2 eco its an automatic also. i am a diesel performance guy and mechanic i have a lot of experience there but gas cars are a whole different breed. anyway i got a holset h1c off of one of my cummins trucks. i forget the specs its like a 50/xx/12 but i want to run that on this car for boost. is that a good size to big to small i dont know i can tell you that that is tiny for a cummins though. i will be making all of the piping and intake manifold for the car also i will be using an hp tuner to tune. what injectors will be good to push this thing if it is even a good turbo to use in this car.
thanks in advance

Re: 04 ecotech
Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:45 AM
I'm sure the h1c will be just fine, I was looking into hx35's a while back before I went with a supercharger. If you can fab up the mani and piping you'll be fine. What flange does the h1c use? You can keep the stock intake manifold with no issue. Just plan on picking up a racetronix fuel pump and harness to keep the fuel demands under control and you'll be fine with some larger injectors. How much power did you want to make? I'm not sure what the limits are on auto before you'll need to build that up but the stock eco should safely put down 300whp with a solid tune. Where are you located at?

Saturday, November 12, 2011 10:50 PM
Sorry I didn't go into detail I am getting all the fuel related things I will be getting I have a bm shift plus but it might come off when I get the tuner but what's a good size injector to push that turbo I'm not looking horse power wise just a good running car
Monday, November 14, 2011 3:49 PM
is there anybody else out there who has some idea about this deal. i didnt think that the plastic intake manifold would hold up but oh well i dont trust it even if it will and am going to make my own. what would be a good throttle body to put on i can run anything i want as long as it is a cable pull i would imagine and i gan just make the flange to whatever one i decide to run. Do any of you guys know where a good tuner might be in Utah to help me out?
Thanks
Monday, November 14, 2011 6:11 PM
The intake manifold will be fine.

i tuned a stock motor Eco with boost and stock manifold to 314whp, 17psi, no issues with the manifold.

What boost level are you planning to run? Power? Besides injectors what other fuel mods are you going to do?

FU Tuning

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:38 PM
well i was looking at a racetronix pump and some kind of fuel pressure regulater at a 1 to 1 ratio no sure what kind yet. but for power i think upwards of 300 to 350 would be nice. but what will probably happen ill reach that and it wont be enough and it will end up like my truck tore down and rebuilt to the hilt but for now i would be happy with 300hp if possible with a h1c if thats not enough i can get hx35's no problem and i think that would get the car there. i am not at all worried about any of the mechanical parts failing i can take care of that. i just am worried about tuning cause i have never done it for a gas car.
Thanks
Monday, November 14, 2011 8:43 PM
For you power goals I would go with 650cc injectors, and I would recommend to do piston's and rods.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 14, 2011 8:46 PM
sounds good to me. what is a safe power goal for a stock motor then. i have read 250 then i have read 300 so i guess its anywhere in between there. i would guess that 250 is maybe with some drugs i dont know. but what would be a good compression ratio to shoot for to get there?
Monday, November 14, 2011 8:50 PM
Like I said I have tuned a stock eco to 314whp, but that is pushing it, and not a daily driver.

Stock motor as a daily driver I would go 275-290whp. Tuning is KEY.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:29 PM
do you know what kind of injector is a direct replacement for the ones that are in there that will flow that kind of fuel. also what kind of fuel pressure regulater do you suggest and what fuel pump also i looked at the racetronix but are there other option that may be cheaper just require a little more work or is that about all there is.
Monday, November 14, 2011 9:51 PM
Sorry I havent responded, but if your looking at bigger tb's an ls1 tb is a direct swap, just need a tps pigtail to solder into your cav's harness. Just match up the wires as they are the same colors.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:20 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Sorry I havent responded, but if your looking at bigger tb's an ls1 tb is a direct swap, just need a tps pigtail to solder into your cav's harness. Just match up the wires as they are the same colors.

ment to say direct swap if your making your own intake manifold. the iac is the same on the eco as the ls1 just swap out the tps pigtail and your golden.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:26 PM
alrighty sounds good to me. where is a good place to source parts at online preferably
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:41 PM
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:45 PM
i guess 80lbs/ hour is probably a lot so what about those injectors just 60lbs/ hour?
Saturday, December 03, 2011 5:35 PM
hahahaha the palstic manifold thing comes up again. your have to realize your cooling system is HOTTER and 15-20PSI and it has a plastic pressurized tank and your concerned about the PSI your gonna give the intake manifold. 8spi isn't very much pressure

anyone that split a manifold would have had a weak one

just run the stock manifold but do a PCV vent fix or you will have issues

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 12:11 AM
Hey, no modding your engine until you learn how to spell it There is NO "H" in Ecotec!!!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:58 AM
Go to rcengineering for injector specs!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search