97 LN2 Head Questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 LN2 Head Questions
Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:06 PM
I plan on turboing my 97 2.2 with a Garrett T28BB turbo. But before that I want to rebuild the head because it is weak on the LN2. My question is should I get a new cylinder head off of http://importperformanceparts.net/ or just rebild the internals of my stock one. And if I do buy a new one which one should i get off the site. Goal is about 300hp. On the site just go to cylinder heads and look. Thanks

Re: 97 LN2 Head Questions
Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:15 PM
Also I have heard about doing a piston swap from the 2200 for higher compression. Thoughts on this?
Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:18 PM
Steve Emmons wrote:Also I have heard about doing a piston swap from the 2200 for higher compression. Thoughts on this?

you can turbo any engine, but raising the compression ratio by swapping in 98 and following pistons will raise the CR to about 10.8 to 1 which is counterproductive for turbo applications. It would probably be a better idea to go for some forged 9 to 1 CR pistons like Wiseco, etc.
dennis
Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:26 PM
I realized that right after I posted this haha. I was thinking either 8.5:1 or 9:1. What else should be done internally. I will do pistons and rods. Than idk about the new head or just build off stock
Monday, March 05, 2012 5:15 PM
Im about to pick up my 97 head from the shop.3 angle valve job1mm over valves 6500 rpm springs decked.030 port and polish etc. and I'm only in it like $500.
Monday, March 05, 2012 6:25 PM
Your gonna need to do a top feed conversion, or you will never see your goal.... I also don't think think that turbo will be efficient for what you are looking to do either....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, March 05, 2012 9:25 PM
There's a top feed conversion in the classified right now. It looks like the hard work is done for you. Good price if you ask me.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 4:19 PM
can the side feed injectors not handle beyond stock conditions?
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:39 PM
mike bisbee wrote:can the side feed injectors not handle beyond stock conditions?

you have a better chance of ice skating in hell.

I need a new sig.
Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:34 AM
Can somone please educate me as to how much diff the flow rate of the 2200 injectors is from 2.2l? And I understand for big power or boost you must change, but what is the cut off point? If somone could let me know it would be appreceited.
Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:06 PM
QWK LN2 (P&P Tuning) wrote:Your gonna need to do a top feed conversion, or you will never see your goal.... I also don't think think that turbo will be efficient for what you are looking to do either....

myth if you get an extra injector controller you can add an injector or 2 into the charge pipe.

JBO since July 30, 2001

Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:43 PM
mike bisbee wrote:Can somone please educate me as to how much diff the flow rate of the 2200 injectors is from 2.2l? And I understand for big power or boost you must change, but what is the cut off point? If somone could let me know it would be appreceited.

It's not that the 2200 injectors flow a lot better. They are just a lot more standard since they are top feed. The reason that is important is because no one to my knowledge makes larger side feed injectors that fit our car. There is nothing wrong with Side feed injectors. The Toyota supra used them, and those cars are horsepower hogs!
So, converting to top feed allows the use of larger, easier to get injectors.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:12 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search