Feeler: CBM LS1/Vortec TB adaptor - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Feeler: CBM LS1/Vortec TB adaptor
Monday, October 01, 2012 1:48 PM
Also, here is emails from Brent about the prices.

This is for the TB adapter.

Brent @CBM wrote: wrote:

Chris,

Sorry for the delay as we have been extremely busy. The part that you requested normally sells for $99.99. We have them on sale via an eBay auction for $79.99. If you would like to purchase multiple items the pricing structure breaks down like this:

3-5 units $7 off each ebay price
6-10 units $10 off each ebay price
11-20 units $16 off ea ebay price

Flat rate shipping of 10 dollars US. Please Contact for quotes to Canada.

Brent McKillop

Custom Built Motors

This is for the Oil Adapter

Brent @CBM wrote: wrote:

Chris,

Sorry for the delay as we have been extremely busy. The part that you requested normally sells for $179.99. We have them on sale via an eBay auction for $149.99. If you would like to purchase multiple items the pricing structure breaks down like this:

3-5 units $10 off ea
6-10 units $15 off ea
11-20 units $20 off ea

We only know of one other company manufacturing a similar product and it sells for $220. Let us know if you have any other questions or would like to get some coming. Thanks again.

Flat rate shipping of 10 dollars US. Please Contact for quotes to Canada.

Brent McKillop

Custom Built Motors

Monday, October 01, 2012 5:07 PM
Maybe see how much Brent could do the evap nipple for us it might be cheaper that way for us all?
Monday, October 01, 2012 5:27 PM
Philly D wrote:Maybe see how much Brent could do the evap nipple for us it might be cheaper that way for us all?

Brent WILL NOT do the evap nipple. Thats why I offered to do it.

I just want to let everybody know that I have been looking into this, and trying to get this group buy together for over a year. I have researched every avenue possible, and am a big part of the reason why the redesign of the part was done in the first place.

In order for Brent and the guys are CBM to make the part completely bolt on for us would have driven their price to well over 100 dollars, and they were only willing to do it if 20 people PREPAID before the parts were even designed. Then they would have done a single batch of 20. Then after that they would have been made to order. Streetable motors are not a huge part of their business. They are primarily a sand rail and off road vehicle company. They make what THEY need and if it works for us, then AWESOME.

Monday, October 01, 2012 7:06 PM
Wish I could help you out Chris. Previously I thought this was something I wanted to do. But it seems like more trouble an its worth for me at this point. Thanks for the support though brother, I hope this goes well!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, October 01, 2012 7:27 PM
Well Im in...and im all for it as long as we can get the evap @!#$ to work correctly.
Monday, October 01, 2012 7:29 PM
the evap will work. all it is is a vacuum connection. it doesnt NEED that fancy fitting, a piece of vac hose will work fine.

i will decide after i get mine, how to do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 01, 2012 7:52 PM

Monday, October 01, 2012 7:56 PM
here is what i have so far, does this list look right to everyone. ill extend the feeler til Sunday, to try to get more interest. I really want this to happen guys.

1. Chris Wolff-EvoFire- TB adaptor.
2. James Kellough-scorpio1- TB adapter/ Oil adapter
3. Derek Hammitt - blu04DD - TB adapter
4. Philly D TB adaptor
5. Vince Morris- Oil filter adaptor

Monday, October 01, 2012 8:13 PM
Like I said, im in pending price. With my log style intake manifold its a bitch to get the filter out. I have to remove my last charge pipe or bend it out of the way, sneak a wrench in there, loosen the cap, jack the car up, get under and reach up balls deep to find the filter, pry it out and take it out the bottom. Instead I could have a remote filter mounted in my engine bay and the only reason to get under the car would be to loosen the drain plug.

I know quite a few have log style and it wouldnt be a bad idea to convert to this to make it easier. I plan to get the 'an fittings for mine and some stainless braided line to keep it clean. Just need to find a place to put the filter and housing.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:40 PM
My TB adaptor showed up today. Ill get started on the cable bracket and stuff asap, so hopefully that will get more people on board. ill post pictures in a bit.

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 4:04 PM
Here is a free bump and some pictures of the TB adaptor mounted to the 4.3 vortec TB, and a picture or two of how I would do the EVAP hose connection for those who would want it. I have yet to mount it to the blower or the car to see what will need to be done for a cable bracket, but it shouldnt be too complicated.

In this picture, you can tell that the adapter is pretty much the EXACT size of the TB.

it is 5/8th of an inch thick

This pic shows the off set they put in it. The 4.3 TB is 70mm. The adapter on the TB side is 75mm. On the blower side the opening is between 69-71 depending where I measured. I am not sure what the stock blowers inlet parts are size wise, but my ported one is 75. I however am NOT going to worry about the few MM difference, and I will run it as is.

Their logo

The IAC port on the adapter

This is how I would do the EVAP nipple for those that need it, and cant do the work themselves. In the position i have it in this picture, it would be on the bottom side of the blower just how it is now, and facing the firewall. Any 3/16th vacuum hose with a clamp on it would work fine, as that is how I have mine currently setup.

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 10:30 PM
Here are more pics of the blower with the spacer and the TB mounted on it. They show the EVAP nipple I put on and everything. THIS will work 100% no issues. I have ideas for the throttle cable bracket, but I am sure everyone will want theirs different.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:01 AM
Intake tube fits good, and the inside transition form blower to adapter isn't bad at all really.
Can't wait to see it in your engine bay, that way we can get a real feel for the fitment of the new adapter/ TB overall.
I like the placement of the EVAP nipple, sits on there nicely.

Thursday, October 04, 2012 6:24 PM
So it looks like there are 4 of the TB adapter, and 1 of the oil filter adapter. That will only save 7 bucks. We need more people on this...come on guys!!!!!

Sunday, October 07, 2012 2:37 PM
i'd be in for the tb adapter

Sunday, October 07, 2012 2:40 PM
Magik1109 wrote:i'd be in for the tb adapter

then add your name to list

Monday, October 08, 2012 11:55 AM
i going to extend one more week....come on people lets get this atleast into the 10 parts range.

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:42 PM
bumpy bump bump TTT first page. come on people.

Friday, October 12, 2012 12:50 PM
does anyone actually have this installed and working? i have seen pics but not with the throttle hooked up and driving.
Friday, October 12, 2012 12:51 PM
Snowman wrote:does anyone actually have this installed and working? i have seen pics but not with the throttle hooked up and driving.

working on it. working 60+ hour weeks makes it hard to mod sometimes. its all at home ready to go. as soon as i have a few spare hours ill get it done.

Friday, October 12, 2012 2:46 PM
One thing we should nail down is which 4.3 tb works with this in terms of the cable pull.

There are 3 versions with 3 slight variations.
Friday, October 12, 2012 2:50 PM
lets see a difference in the TB's. I looked and looked and looked, and didnt see anything different except wheel sizes which wont matter. The one i have WILL work. for sure....4.3 vortec (truck) TB 1996-1999 i am pretty sure....

or just buy this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-09-Vortec-4-3L-5-0L-5-7L-75mm-bored-throttle-body-/370322497749?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5638f0e0d5&vxp=mtr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, October 12, 2012 3:02 PM

Friday, October 12, 2012 5:33 PM
There is difference in wheel shapes and sizes as well as for those of us with cruise there is different positions for it and such.

Thats one of the places I was looking for one. Ill be grabbing the parts after im out of school.
Friday, October 12, 2012 8:53 PM
i'd be in for the tb adapter if I'm the 6th person. have the LS1 adapter sitting in my garage unused so don't really need this since i haven't done the LS1 tb.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:23 AM
^ wait..so you have an adapter already sitting in your garage, but you might buy another one?
wanna sell me yours for a nice low price for a fellow blown cavy?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:26 AM
I'm still contemplating this..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search