Need Help! fuel, how much psi, and other boost questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Help! fuel, how much psi, and other boost questions
Friday, December 07, 2012 7:10 PM
So i decided to go turbo and got questions any help will be great
1. what fuel pump that you guys havent had trouble with? blazer, racetronix, walbro?

2.im planning to go 8-10psi maybe 12psi have 2 sizes i can get
57 trim .63 a/r or a 50 trim .48 a/r

Supporting mods will be wiseco pistons eagle rods 8.9:1 CR P&P head from Ortiz Performance
i have a spare eco block im sending to get remanufactured so basically ill have a brand new engine

How much psi will it hold?

Re: Need Help! fuel, how much psi, and other boost questions
Friday, December 07, 2012 7:24 PM
I'd get the racetronix w body fuel pump w/the harness and the 57 63 turbo. With a good tune you could run 20 psi, or prob a little more. You could also get a Hallman manual boost controller or go big with an electronic boost controller since it sounds like you have a 8-12 psi spring...that's if you ended up wanting to run more boost.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, December 07, 2012 11:04 PM
Well the kit comes with an 8psi spring and it comes with a manual boost controller how much psi can i get out of that? & will my eco hold up 18psi and be street friendly? its an automatic 4t40e
Will it boost quick with that turbo?
Friday, December 07, 2012 11:04 PM
Would you happen to have a part # on the pump?
Saturday, December 08, 2012 10:21 AM
What about the walbro 255lph inline fuel pump? can i install that and leave my stock pump?
Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:07 PM
Kris Cirlos wrote:What about the walbro 255lph inline fuel pump? can i install that and leave my stock pump?

Id do the racetronix pump things amazing and your stock probably needs replaced any ways.
Google racetronix, then click fuel componets and click fuel pump assemblies (racetronix ) then ls1 (very last one)# fpa-001. Quick simple search

Get the harness with it worth the $50
Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:24 PM
I gave you the f body pump same thing just has a sleeve you can take off, w body pump is on there too
Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:23 PM
FPWH-001 is the part num for the harness that others are using, to include myself.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:37 AM
You cannot just simply put in an inline pump. the stock pump wont be able to keep up the flow to supply the inline.

I am running the .57 trim, t3/t4, stage 3 wheel, .63 a/r and I love it. I wouldnt change mine to a bigger one for a LONG time.

The amount it will take can only depend 100% on your tune. If you dont have a good tune, then it wont even be able to take 2psi before it blows.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search