yunkyard help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
yunkyard help
Friday, January 25, 2013 7:34 PM
i have a 2003 sunfire that i have as a project so far i put in three grand in mods now im looking for a list of cars that i can take the turbo charge out of i have a junk yard right next to my house and i have first dibs on any car that comes in im just having a hard time finding a list of cars that i can used

Re: yunkyard help
Friday, January 25, 2013 7:40 PM
Friday, January 25, 2013 7:45 PM
hey man i like the way you did that just now never seen that done before
Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:42 AM
A 2003 Saab 9-3 with a 2.0 in it or a newer solstice or cobalt or her w/ the 2.0 LNF ecotecforum that's it.

Or supercharger off a cobalt as w/ a 2.0 in it
Saturday, January 26, 2013 11:13 AM
So you have $3,000 in mods, and you want to do a junkyard turbo instal? Why not do a full custom install instead?

Sunday, January 27, 2013 7:20 AM
Diesel trucks
Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:37 PM
because i want to try one out first. plus there so much info on all differnt types of turbo out there that it get hard trying to find the right one that i need and i have a big yunk yard that i have unlimted access to why not .
Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:11 PM
Get a turbo setup from a 2003 - up Saab 9-3t

Search around in this section and you will find all the info you need to do it and all the parts you need.
Saturday, February 02, 2013 11:31 PM
Like philly said but if i were you i would look for the turbo off of a 2008-2010 cobalt ss... the turbo is way more efficient than the saab makes more power and its alot cheaper to make or get other parts... for example the saab you need to fab a custom downpipe from the turbo down... the lnf has an 02 housing that turns down out of the turbo... my downpipe i built for like $60 out of 3" piping...intercooler piping was easier to run than the saab as well... ive had both and they both work well just the cobalt settup hasnt steered me wrong yet... i ran mid 13's on 6-8 psi on a base tune.. if you need parts pm me
Sunday, February 03, 2013 7:01 AM
^^Still waiting for pic of your setup
Monday, February 04, 2013 6:21 AM
whats a yunkyard? at first i figured typo..but every mention of it, its spelled the same...lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search