99' cavy 2.4 w/ 2.0 cobalt supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99' cavy 2.4 w/ 2.0 cobalt supercharger
Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:09 PM
I was pretty much handed a perfectly good M45 eaton out of a 2.0 cobalt. I have a 99 cavy 2.4 LD9, if possible what kind of problems will i run into trying to make this work. I understand the manifold will be custom and ill need to change the throttle body and some connections and a tune will be needed so im told (have access to HP tuners). Im more concerned about the fuel, internals, or anything anyone else might know about project. I just plan on running stock boost, for now i just wanna try and make this charger work on this engine.

Re: 99' cavy 2.4 w/ 2.0 cobalt supercharger
Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:17 PM
M45's didnt come from a cobalt so you might wanna check what you have. M45 is made for the cavalier, m62 was on the lsj cobalt and ion.
If it is indeed a m62, you need a custom manifold, not sure about things like the idler and tensioner when its adapted to a ld9. Stock internals will be fine, you wont make enough power on a stock pulley to break anything. For fueling, you'll need larger injectors.

Re: 99' cavy 2.4 w/ 2.0 cobalt supercharger
Friday, February 22, 2013 1:40 AM
Not worth it Ryan. Just turbo it and sell off the m62, if it came off the 2.0 cobalt. To use this charger you will need to make custom brackets for pullies and find a way to route a belt and tension it while also making a custom manifold. You could run the msame adaptor as I am on my charger to run an ls1 throttle body. You will need to incorporate some form of cooling for the supercharger. It is going to be a lot of work for small gains in power. Turboing it will yield better results and will be much easier.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search