High compression and m45 - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: High compression and m45
Monday, February 13, 2012 10:56 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:karo made 259whp without a blower...

just saying.

i bet with a blower and a proper tune it would have made more.

just saying.

yea maybe a massive procharger or something. definitely not the m45...

just saying.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Monday, February 13, 2012 11:34 AM
Children.....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, February 13, 2012 12:14 PM
Too bad we cannot get TVS rotors to fit inside the M45 case

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, February 13, 2012 2:56 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:Too bad we cannot get TVS rotors to fit inside the M45 case

^This!
Friday, March 01, 2013 7:38 AM
so n/a2.4... did you ever get your high compression m45 built?

i am going to be attempting this soon. i just need to order my pistons. going with an .060 over diamond domed version. final SCR should be around 10.5:1 im thinking as the head ill be using has had extensive bowl work increasing their sizes whilst decreasing compression. also will be running a cometic .074 head gasket. i have everything else needed to put this together. the block and 2.3 pump swap came from paul's n/a 13.6 motor... so, with paul's motor, and chris's blower... ohhhh magic?

plans also include titanium rods and custom blower grind cams im going to be having made from blanks.

if clyde can make 226whp with the stock m45 (way undersized for what he was doing) 310cc injectors, no tuning, no water injection, and cams that bled off boost too soon due to their NA properties, surely my 250whp goal should be attainable.

the biggest plus? bye bye power robbing automatic, hello NVG-T550 with aluminum flywheel and 4 puck clutchmasters clutch, tg lsd, b&m shifter, and poly mounts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 01, 2013 7:40 AM

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Friday, March 01, 2013 8:04 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:bye bye power robbing automatic, hello NVG-T550

Yes, come to the dark side. Soon, your powers will rival that of the great 5-speed tranny.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, March 01, 2013 10:31 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:so n/a2.4... did you ever get your high compression m45 built?

i am going to be attempting this soon. i just need to order my pistons. going with an .060 over diamond domed version. final SCR should be around 10.5:1 im thinking as the head ill be using has had extensive bowl work increasing their sizes whilst decreasing compression. also will be running a cometic .074 head gasket. i have everything else needed to put this together. the block and 2.3 pump swap came from paul's n/a 13.6 motor... so, with paul's motor, and chris's blower... ohhhh magic?

plans also include titanium rods and custom blower grind cams im going to be having made from blanks.

if clyde can make 226whp with the stock m45 (way undersized for what he was doing) 310cc injectors, no tuning, no water injection, and cams that bled off boost too soon due to their NA properties, surely my 250whp goal should be attainable.

the biggest plus? bye bye power robbing automatic, hello NVG-T550 with aluminum flywheel and 4 puck clutchmasters clutch, tg lsd, b&m shifter, and poly mounts.

Finally - it took you long enough to convert. And with a good trans, too...

Did you get the front trans mount btw? You need it. What are you using for an insert?

How much boost do you want to run through that M45 into that high comp engine? Obviously it'll be lower due to flow / less restriction but with that in mind the M45 likes to knock, even in stock pullied form on a stock compression engine.

What injectors are you going to use to run this? I've maxed out the 310cc ones on engines with secret cams and a header at 6 psi... (they clipped very badly at around 5000 rpm).

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Friday, March 01, 2013 11:10 AM
oh chris, nothing slips by you. and thats why i love your ass!

convert? remember my black car? i started this ish with a 5speed bro! (still have that car btw)
this is my silver car (car in sig) that ill be swapping. (white car will always remain auto, though)

yes for the mount, i bought everything i need from paul, basically. except the trans, that i had out of chris's purple people eater. as for the inserts, gonna use my good ole' mark pain ones i bought ten years ago haha. ill machine the front one down to fit. right now those are off at quad 4 rods being copied out of aluminum for solid inserts for my black car though so i might have to run with the rubbers for now then upgrade when i get the poly's back...

how much boost? as much as possible. right now im running mike's OS crank pulley and a pulley boy's 2.5" snout pulley. id love to go to even a 2.4" snout pulley down the road.

knock? ef knock. in the words of chris taetsch, desensitize and never look back.

im already running the GMPP stage 2 lsj 42# injectors and have meth injection. only the constant has been changed in the tune. i believe last datalog said i was at like 65% duty cycle? i kind of cheated and messed with the fuel pressure to get a good AFR while using meth. the meth actually drops it like 1 point iirc. (i havent driven the car since late november)

first off the blower is in need of a rebuild. ive purchased a rebuild kit from a place on ebay that includes everything. while im in there im going to have the snout machined for the 2.4 pulley. i just found out today that ZZP rents out a machining tool that cuts the snout down, too. need to find out if it will work on an m45 though.

all n all, i want that elusive 250whp record. if it makes more, fine but 250 has got to be attained. i realize i need to stop talking and start doing though. soon as this frickn cold weather decides to ef off ill be doing just that.

Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:37 PM
So all of that custom work and you're only shooting for 250? Seems like that should be attainable on a damn near stock engine with some head work and off the shelf cams.

Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:49 PM
250 is just a number. i am shooting for the RECORD. lol

only one person did a 250whp na ld9. nobody else except for scott with the 2.6 stroker (not even an ld9) has even come close, in our world anyway.

Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:05 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:250 is just a number. i am shooting for the RECORD. lol

only one person did a 250whp na ld9. nobody else except for scott with the 2.6 stroker (not even an ld9) has even come close, in our world anyway.

I guess I'm confused. What does the NA record have to do with anything? Haha. I thought this build involved a blower?

Monday, March 04, 2013 5:28 AM
its because it needs all the other stuff to get that high.

and yea on the na thing i misunderstood you.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:09 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:so n/a2.4... did you ever get your high compression m45 built?

Unfortunately not. I lost my job last May and had to prioritise. I've now for a new job and the cav is in the garage at home waiting for all its parts. How ever I'm kind of flip flopping on the idea of using the 10.5:1 pistons I have plus I don't 100% understand the tuning it might need done.
Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:14 PM
how big are the pistons you have?

Saturday, March 09, 2013 10:47 AM
Stock bore (90mm) wisecos.
Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:06 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:karo made 259whp without a blower...

just saying.

i bet with a blower and a proper tune it would have made more.

just saying.

yea maybe a massive procharger or something. definitely not the m45...

just saying.

we shall see soon. sorry i have been away for a while. the car sat at a buddies while i was out of state the past year.

i have new lifters to go in the motor, new oil, new plugs, new wideband so i can have it tuned properly this time, and an oil cooler and the bigger oil filter.

unfortunatily i needed money so the prototype sc isnt with me anymore but i do have the production m45 on it.

hope to get it to the track sometime this year depending if a track opens back up here in phoenix but it will hit a dyno as soon as its fully tuned

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more
Monday, April 15, 2013 4:16 AM
thats great news man!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search