M62 boost loss help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
M62 boost loss help
Friday, November 01, 2013 9:51 PM
have an m62 on a 2.2 Eco with 3in pulley and when I floor it I get 11lbs as rpms get higher until I'm at 4 at 6000 my heat exchanger pump is out could that cause boost loss?

Re: M62 boost loss help
Friday, November 01, 2013 10:12 PM
I loose boost as I keep the throttle open. It starts at 10 then just goes down from there until at 6k I'm at 4lbs
Saturday, November 02, 2013 3:51 AM
An other issues with the car? Like a high idle or stalling out?

Saturday, November 02, 2013 7:04 AM
A bad intercooler pump would make you have increased pressure.

Im guessing a bad bypass valve.
Saturday, November 02, 2013 2:10 PM
Yeah check your bypass valve like said ^^ if its sticking open air will take path of least resistance and go that way insted of threw the rotors to be compressed

I Love My J ♡
Saturday, November 02, 2013 10:40 PM
Everything else seems to be fine. My boost is just really random
Saturday, November 02, 2013 11:18 PM
Another thing is it doesn't wine like it use to. Like I can hear the exhaust now which I never heard b4
Sunday, November 03, 2013 7:05 AM
How would I check the bypass valve?
Sunday, November 03, 2013 2:36 PM
Well i would disconnect and plug off the vacum line going to it and then take it out and see if it builds boost. At idle and low throttle you build vacum and that pulls the bypass open allowing air to pass threw pre rotor and go into the engine uncompressed. Take that vac line off and move the rod on the bypass to make sure its closed and take her for a spin. If the diaphram in the bypass is messed up it could be sticking open on ya so thats what i would try. Im not a pro on blowers but thats what ive gatherd from playing with mine.

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:44 PM
That's what it was! I got her fixed. Guess its been leaking the whole time it's Wayyy faster now.
Thanks!!!!!
Wednesday, December 04, 2013 4:24 PM
cody nobbs wrote:Yeah check your bypass valve like said ^^ if its sticking open air will take path of least resistance and go that way insted of threw the rotors to be compressed

roots superchargers do not compress air. they simply move more air than what the engine can take in on its own.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search