Too rich= ignition cut??? - Page 2 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Too rich= ignition cut???
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 3:38 AM
If you took 40% out and it only went to 10.3-10.5, then your problem was you were flooding the motor out.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:26 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:If you took 40% out and it only went to 10.3-10.5, then your problem was you were flooding the motor out.

Yup.

What you described in the original post is classic behavior for a motor with way too much fuel to burn.

Kyle, I like an AFR of around 12.2 for dyno days For daily driving I aim for around 11.8 with a 5gal/hr meth setup. If I know I'm going to a big meet or cruise, I sometimes try to get to 12.0.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:47 AM
I just figured Hahns pre tune couldn't be that far off but I was very wrong. I'm wondering if I should do an oil change now after flooding it numerous times. I knew I was getting a lot of fuel but I didn't exactly know how much. The rear bumper/license plate of my car is black.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:49 AM
I'd consider it. Does it make lifter noise when you start it up?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:50 AM
Also I'm thinking of shooting for 11.5:1 AFR since I'm not actually tuning it on a dyno, in the instructions that came with the portfueler it says shoot for 12:1-12.5:1. That seems a little too lean for comfort. Especially on just a street tune with no timing changes.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:53 AM
Surprisingly no, I did not notice anything. I've been paying close attention to that after every time of going out and flooding it, is still idled great and quiet as it always has.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:56 AM
11.5-11.8 is a good place to start.

If it idles quietly then there's something wrong. I mean come on, it's an ecotec

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 8:01 AM
I mean other than the beautiful timing chain noise there's nothing else out of the ordinary. The car was never beat on before I got it that's probably why I haven't had more problems.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:47 AM
Should I be concerned about partial throttle/boost AFR? Like 1/4 throttle 0-2 psi AFR's?
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:51 PM
Yes. You spend most of your time driving around at part throttle.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:40 PM
12.5:1 safe for part throttle?

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 1:10 PM
Smell your dip stick does it smell of fuel? If so change the oil.

I'm perfectly fine with part throttle being 14.7. That is me.

As for WOT in boost on a Ecotec. Seeing as you have the ability to change it I would go for a 11.7-11.9. I have found the Ecotec like 11.9-12.2

FU Tuning

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:08 PM
Thanks, the part throttle 1-2psi of boost is around 12.5:1 afr, boost at wot is still 10.5-11.0. Still need to lean it out some more. wish I had the ability to datalog my wideband. I'm basically just doing pulls on the street and watching what my wideband does and then pulling over and making small changes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search