Oil pressure - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil pressure
Tuesday, July 19, 2016 8:13 PM
I'm starting to think no one is active on here but I'm in the process of putting a turbo on my 2003 cavalier. I'm have trouble trying to figure out where you get oil pressure from to supply the turbo? My plan was to just put a Tee fitting where the oil pressure sensor is to get pressure and to be able to read oil pressure still. But the thread on the oil pressure sensor is 1/2 -13 course and the tee fitting is like metric I've looked up for a special tee fitting with the thread pitch and there's no such thing apparently so any help on where to run an oil pressure line or how to adapt it from the oil pressure sensor would be helpful

Re: Oil pressure
Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:42 PM
There is a plug on the back side on the engine, this is where the Saab turbo gets it. Your gonna need something to break it loose, its in there but good from the factory. Doesn't really matter which of the three you tap into. its an odd size thread, I want to say its 12 x 1.75 there are adapters out there to get you to a braided line.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 8:16 PM
I read somewhere else about these plugs but I wasn't sure. There was a guy that lived near me who had a fully built turbo cavalier with around 400hp and I was planning on buying it but could come up with the money so I'm just putting a turbo on mine he said he tappeared into the oil filter housing. These plugs your talking about seem a lot easier. Thanks for the help
Sunday, July 24, 2016 6:29 PM
also on the head. Oil pressure in the block if a Ecotec is very high. The head is a lot lower. Also requires the special adapter for the head.

FU Tuning

Monday, August 29, 2016 7:28 PM
Quincy Steffa wrote:I read somewhere else about these plugs but I wasn't sure. There was a guy that lived near me who had a fully built turbo cavalier with around 400hp and I was planning on buying it but could come up with the money so I'm just putting a turbo on mine he said he tappeared into the oil filter housing. These plugs your talking about seem a lot easier. Thanks for the help

Whoa, I never said tapped into the oil filter housing! I said the plugs on the back of the block where the Saab factory feed is! The picture shows the plug you want to use as feed. And its recommended to tap the girdle for the return.

Friday, September 21, 2018 5:59 PM
Tap the girdle? Do you have a pic of that?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search