check this out!!! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check this out!!!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:16 AM
hey guys,

guess what i just found out, we can bore our 2.4's out as much as a 100 thousandth's and its totally safe. infact, we can go up to about 160 thousandth's. just found that out last nite from my brother. he work for gm racing and he talked to a guy that specialized in the quad 4's in the late 80's for the offroad rally team. i just thought i would post it cause i thought it was pretty cool. this would make our 2.4's somewhere around a 2.5 or 2.6 litre...pretty cool. i guess the core for the 2.4 and 2.3 are pretty much the same, the 2.3 just has a much bigger bore and different stroke. i was gunna order some .020 overbore wiseco's but now im going much larger......yes, that means MORE POWER.... see ya guys.

Re: check this out!!!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:19 AM
umm was I the only one who knew this?

not to be a dick but there was a big bore kit for sale a while ago

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:37 AM
..... lol yeah who ever said 2.6l wasnt possible, btw there is alot of differences between the 2.3 and 2.4, the 2.4's also have thicker and stronger block then the 2.3's

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:45 PM
Daniel Ksiazkiewicz wrote:hey guys,

guess what i just found out, we can bore our 2.4's out as much as a 100 thousandth's and its totally safe. infact, we can go up to about 160 thousandth's. just found that out last nite from my brother. he work for gm racing and he talked to a guy that specialized in the quad 4's in the late 80's for the offroad rally team. i just thought i would post it cause i thought it was pretty cool. this would make our 2.4's somewhere around a 2.5 or 2.6 litre...pretty cool. i guess the core for the 2.4 and 2.3 are pretty much the same, the 2.3 just has a much bigger bore and different stroke. i was gunna order some .020 overbore wiseco's but now im going much larger......yes, that means MORE POWER.... see ya guys.

I'd love to see you bore your block .160" over stock, lol. Cast blocks are not perfect.....

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search