what should i be seeing with my safc @ idle - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what should i be seeing with my safc @ idle
Friday, April 01, 2005 6:38 PM
hey sup

another stupid SAFC II question

ok i think i got some sorta problem

my car will start run for a min or 2 then randomly die like its not getting enough fuel or its getting to much

my settings are

5 in 5 out
4 cyc upper right
7000rpms
+- CR 30

the car runs like poop even worth then it did before and i have the brown top injectors

what should i be seeing coming from the map sensor at idle and at wot
also if you got the knock sensor hooked up what do you see at idle and wot
and if you could let me know the other sensor rates as well that would be great

also i checked all my connectons everything seems to be in place fine and im getting reading from all the sensors but could it be a possiblity that if you hooked the map wires backwards like the wrong one going to the pcm and what not that the safc could be actualy adding fuel when im really trying to take it away?

if anyone could help me that be great because im pretty confused at this time

thanks

Re: what should i be seeing with my safc @ idle
Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:52 AM
could anyone help me out plz

Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:01 AM
Sup Z i thought you knew about the safc2? When I installed mine I tried to see if it stalled if I put to much fuel to it but it didnt do anything then I leaned it out all the way and nothing but I know I hooked it up right, what shoud I do. Were both stumped.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:19 AM
yup we need people to help us out here common guys i know some one knows whats going on

and naa adam i didnt know much about the safc2, i know more about the manual ways of fuel adjustment but i thought i would give this a try but it doesnt seem to be working right

Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:32 AM
I dont have the s-afcII,i have the regular one.I never had a problem with the car stalling out on me.When i had the ford brown tops in,the car never stalled out,but it ran rough as hell from running too rich.Whats your fuel pressure set at?Do you have it on the right pressure setting?Make sure its not on the flap setting.I have mine set at 05 in and 05 out too.If i were you,id bypass the map sensor and see if it runs better,I dont know about yours,but mine came with a little yellow jumper wire to bypass the map sensor.If it runs good after that,try switching the in and out wires on the map sensor.At idle my map is reading between 0.900-1.100 volts.I dont remember what it reads at wot.The tps reads 0.545 volts at idle.Where did you connect the wires at?They recommend at the pcm.And the ground wires have to be 1 inch apart from eachother.If theres anything else i can help you with just ask.Good luck.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:58 AM
everything is hooked up at the pcm and the two ground wires are about and inch or so apart on the pcm ground wire with the brown one closer to the pcm

also the yellow wire i was told to use as the out put to the pcm from the map and i used the white to get the signal from the map

also my egr sim isnt hooked up to the car right now so its not that ether

i dunno what the heck is up with this thing, doesnt seem i can adjust anything and looks like my car is spitting alot of stuff out the exhaust as the ground is wet when i get done messing around with trying to get it to work

ill try to let you know what my map is reading but im pretty sure its not .900-1.1 i think its more like .500 and the tps on the Safc2 reads as a percentage i think but like i said ill get some numbers and get back to ya guys

Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:13 PM
My base fp is set at 35 psi. When I start the car when its cold and warmed up it idles like stock. With the brown tops. No rough idle at all? Does that make sense? And I havent even adjusted the safc its just a 0 for everything.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:15 PM
Oh,one more thing.One time the s-afc fell off my dash and my car started running rough.The plug inside the afc came loose.I had to take it apart and push in the connector and it ran fine.That might be your problem.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:23 PM
i have mine set at 35psi as well

also i just went out and got the reading from sensor check

in-1 is 1.2-1.4 at start up if i let it sit a min it goes to .900- 1.000
in-2 stays pretty low at like .090

thrt is at .400

knk is 00034 at start up then goes to 00025 after a min

also my pressure sits around -560 mm hg at idle

do these sound right??

Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:25 PM
o yeah my rpms was something crazy low today like 750 i dunno whats up with that as it usally sits around 900 - 1200

Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:51 PM
huh. I cant check mine cause of course with my luck a damn rod started knocking so I am in the process of putting a new one in. Motors out getting new one ready to put in. Damn rain killing my plans but good luck Z let me know whats going on email me with updates. Maryland is awsome rain 2 days straight.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 12:59 PM
rain here too... wish i had a garage

wish ya luck with the new engine it sucks the old one went.. but you will be happy when it all done, i started in the same boat i bought my car with a blown engine

ill be keeping in touch, do you have aim btw?

Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:06 PM
Ditto fauking rain! Nope no im's at all (frustrating)!! Wish I had a garage too. Fauk Gm and there dropping the motor through the bottom. I had to unplug all of the plugs and I mean all off the motor and trans couldnt get the main plug at the driver side firewall unplugged.. Bull@!#$!! But tis done and almost ready to go back in. YAY not just want it done. Good luck again Z. Later
Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:13 PM
Ditto fauking rain! Nope no im's at all (frustrating)!! Wish I had a garage too. Fauk Gm and there dropping the motor through the bottom. I had to unplug all of the plugs and I mean all off the motor and trans couldnt get the main plug at the driver side firewall unplugged.. Bull@!#$!! But tis done and almost ready to go back in. YAY not just want it done. Good luck again Z. Later
Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:15 PM
i droped the motor from the bottom check out my cardomain site for pics of me doing it lol
only did it like that sense i didnt have a cherry picker

pack on top does anyone know if the stats from my Safc2 are what i should be seeing??

Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:17 PM
damn it edit button dave edit button lol

ment back on topic lol
was typing to fast for my own good figuers dont know what the heck there doing sometimes

Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:54 AM
can anyone plz compare my results??

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:42 AM
this sucks both of us cant get anything. Wheres all the help out here? Someone knows something. Wheres shifted at?
Sunday, April 03, 2005 10:36 AM
i had to set fuel pressure to 25psi to get mine to idle like stock with the brown tops, and then only difference i have from you is my map is 4 in 4 out
Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:00 AM
Sorry for not being around to jump on this boys:

I have mine set at 35psi at idle, -35% correction at 1000 rpm and it idles great, even at cold start it's much much better than it was.

Before it was a tractor for 5 mins, plain and simple. I can literally hear the fuel being pulled from the engine as I lean it out.

If it's not correcting, it's not sending the right map signals...

You need to check to see how high your map reads bro. 5 in and 5 out is what I've been told and when I check the map it seems to read right. My throttle is spot-on too.

Remember I connected all my shazzle at the sensors.

I donno what to say about the settings, if you need I can go start the car tonight (We started it yesterday with the turbo WOOOOT!) and see what she says, but it has made a definite difference to my car, I can't even explain how much better it idles with the S-AFC on there. I put it back to zero once just to see the difference and it was night and day.

Let me know bud.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:21 AM
I dont know about Z but my car 01 Z when I start it cold or warm it idles perfect. My sensor is 5 in and 5 out. tell me what the sensor check's should read. As I said before my adjustments are at 0, could that mean that my pcm was flashed. Dont know what was done to this car ( bought it from someone and never found out what was done). My throttle is reading right goes from 0 to 100 %. Let us know whats up. Asap thanks.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:00 PM
yeah let us know what your sensors are reading

and what your pressure shows and what not thats only found in the monitoring section its not in the check sensor part
thanks

Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:04 PM
what are your correction figures at under settings menu for your low and high throttle settings go in to that menu while the car is running to set the low throttle threshold to zero and turn down the fuel on your idle rpms that should take care of it your numbers under sensor check are on par w/ mine also goodluck read your operators manual also that is your new bible i know i swear by mine

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:31 PM
Adam Malinski wrote:I dont know about Z but my car 01 Z when I start it cold or warm it idles perfect. My sensor is 5 in and 5 out. tell me what the sensor check's should read. As I said before my adjustments are at 0, could that mean that my pcm was flashed. Dont know what was done to this car ( bought it from someone and never found out what was done). My throttle is reading right goes from 0 to 100 %. Let us know whats up. Asap thanks.

Let me know about my post please. Thanks
Monday, April 04, 2005 9:28 PM
Well, i have one installed on a 99 2200, and im not sure about the 2.4 but i think you may need to set your cyliner setting to 2, thats what i had to do for mine for the RPM's to read right, and i have mine set to zero correction, my last dyno trip i was using it to richen up the mixture above 5K becasue is was going way lean up top, but anything above about +20% didnt make any differance, so i assumed that at +20% the injectors were maxed out, mine has stock injectors. But with my AFPR i was going pig rich at around 3300-4000 RPM's, and it was killing the power curve, and i took out some fuel with the SAFC-2 and after about 3 runs i almost had the power curve flat again.

An amazing tool for tuning, but a dyno is really mandatory so that you can see of you went on the right direcion.

I wouold set all correction factors to zero, and i have the low throttle set at 35% and above 65% is my high throttle, but like i said for now my correction facotrs are all zero, basically using it for a tach right now, but will come in real handy once the new turbo engine goes in later this year.

Mike

1992 GMC Sonoma GT #492. Oh, Its just a stock V6!

1999 Cavalier Coupe, daily driver, 2200/M5. Mods and pics are in my registry.

Fully built turbo 2200 in progress, should be installed very soon. Will post details as they happen.
Support the site that supports your habit, Go Premium.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search