GM s/c........intercooled???? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM s/c........intercooled????
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 4:29 PM
If anyone flames me on this post i SWEAR i will find you at the GM BASH. (I already searched for a 1/2 hour)...
I know that the GM s/c see no gain from 6psi - 8 psi w/o somekind of water or alcohol injection...props to MR PUTE btw... so this leads me to the question.... could a custom intercooler setup be made (or already been made) for the GM s/c. This seems like a great idea to me and if i dont run into any road blocks... i am going to attempt this project.... Please any feedback is welcome... except for GIlles....i really dont like you...

Re: GM s/c........intercooled????
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 4:59 PM
yeah if you have an extra supercharger laying around you could cut the manifold part of it and weld in new pieces to house an intercooler. you would need to be carful to not warp any part of the charger while welding though. maybe take the rotors out too so you dont mess up the teflon coating.
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:42 PM
Its called an "aftercooler" and is a very difficult and expensive setup.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:03 PM
adding any kind of depth to the sc would mean making up new snout supports as well as upper and lower brackets .. probably not that difficult to fabricate

how much n2o would you have to spray to cool 6 psi of boost? that seems like the simplest method

14.82 @ 97 mph
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:25 PM
The aftercooler would the best solution but it would be really expensive, I think.

About the N2O shot, maybe a simple 30Hp dry setup would be great helping SC high intake temps goes down.

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:36 PM
I'm gonna be getting the cry02 kit to try out..I've been wanting to try it out ever since I put the s/c on my car.......You can get a intake pipe with a bulb inside it...that reduces the air charge temp up to 60%......it also said something about being able to add multiple bulbs to lower the temp even more of the air........

Something like nitrous or cry02(like what i'm gonna try), or even the alcohol injection would be the best bet for intercooling this thing

Thats just my opinion though...

Car is for Sale!Supercharger kit is for sale!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search