couple fuel questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
couple fuel questions
Monday, June 11, 2007 6:01 PM
ok guys im trying to get my turbo setup up and running and i have a few questions about the fuel. I recently purchased an accell fpr for a 92-96 corvette. i was wondering if that would be alright to use or if i would have to go with a fmu also. Im planning on running around 10-15psi. I also need fuel injectors.. I have a 2000 2200 motor and i need to know if i need high or low impedance injectors. every time i search this i get both answers. i would lso like to know what size to get either 36 or bigger?

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Re: couple fuel questions
Monday, June 11, 2007 6:37 PM
You need either a an FMU or some form of "REAL" fuel management, whether it be software or a complete standalone. A FPR is static, where it won't raise the pressure as your rpm's rise in the way a FMU will.

If you are seriously considering 10-15 psi, I would do it right and go the software or standalone route...and ALWAYS tune with at least a wideband AFR gauge and a knock gauge.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:31 AM
Unclip one of your injectors an measure the resistance (ohms) with a dmm, high impedance is 12-15 ohms, low is 2-5ish. I believe most injectors for that are high....although I have heard of low imedance from some forums here. If you are running that much boost, I think you will need bigger than 36lb./hr. I would go to RC engineering's web site. They have a very simple injector size calculator.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 10:37 AM
thank you... also with a wideband o2 sensor do i need the whole unit or can i use a wideband o2 sensor and use an air/fuel ratrio gauge? didnt really want to spend 300 on a meter and sensor...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search