Options with new car - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Options with new car
Wednesday, August 03, 2016 7:07 PM
Hello, I am new to the forum but not forced induction. I figured this would be the best place to get answers. I will try and keep this short, I have owned 3 cavaliers in the past and all of them where really good cars, I liked them a lot. I will soon be selling my current "fun" car (05 legacy gt) and have the chance to get a really nice 05 2dr stick cav for cheep. My main question is, what kind of $$$$ am I looking at with an ecotec to reach 350-400whp. This would be a turbo set up with keeping in mind reliability (I don't want to be replacing motors/transmissions every other year). Also, (For those who are at that level) how much is your driveability compromised? I realize I would need to do much research once deciding on going that route but I am trying to decide if I want to go it at all.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for a stupid newbie question.

Re: Options with new car
Wednesday, August 03, 2016 7:24 PM
I would just toss Eagle rods and Weisco pistons in the short block can call it good. Head work and cams would be your choice, but personally I would upgrade the valve springs just for the peice of mind.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search